Latest Media Gallery update broke my forum list widget

Frode789

So after upgrading Xenforo & the media gallery to their latest versions, the "latest media" widget/block no longer shows on my forum list. I've tried going into settings and disabling/enabling/changing position, but it wont show anywhere anymore. The site just loads and loads (everything else is loaded), so I just removed it..

But where is my block?.. Anyone else experience problems with the forum list media block after the update?

It looks like you're using XenPorta2. Are you using an XP2 layout on your forums list and an XP2 widget for latest media? If so you'll have to seek support in the XenPorta2 discussion thread.

This sounds to me like an outdated template.

Check for outdated or customised versions of the templates and revert them. Don't bother merging just revert and apply any other customisations you see fit.

A list of changed templates is in the announcement on the forum.

That's a valid point, by the way. If you're using a third party widget, they may need updating as we made some improvements to the styling in the most recent update.

It looks like you're using XenPorta2. Are you using an XP2 layout on your forums list and an XP2 widget for latest media? If so you'll have to seek support in the XenPorta2 discussion thread.

No, I did not use the XP2 widget, I used the included block from the Media Gallery addon. It worked fine in previous version of Media Gallery/Xenforo 1.4.4.

Will try and check the templates (didn't have any that were outdated, but will double check).

Do you have any customized components in your style?

Check:

Admin CP > Appearance > Customized Components > Select your style from the drop down.

I notice there's an error on the forums page

Code:
 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.citiesskylines-nation.com/styles/fusiongamer/xengallery/AjaxLoader.gif

Also when I inspect the page, I can see this code in it:

Code:
<div style="display: none;" class="section xmgCarouselContainer ltr">
Removing "display: none;" then displays the XFMG recent media block.

So it is there but it's set to not display for some reason. This seems odd to me, as when I don't display the block using the XFMG options I don't have that code on my page at all, it's only there (minus the "display: none;") when I set the block to display.

Are you sure you aren't using a XenPorta 2 layout on the forums page? There's a non-standard block, "Top Posters Today" that's on that page.

Top Bottom