Late to the party - Supporting XenForo

Vam

I've been caught up in my own thing and I wasn't aware of XenForo until I went looking after some recent frustrations with other forum software's capabilities. I ran across XenForo and quickly fell in love with the coding standards and ease of use. This forum software is pretty awesome.

I was initially looking at mybb and I saw a thread on their forums about the XenForo lawsuit with vBulletin. My history with Invision/Matt's software goes all the way back to when he worked for Ikonboard. When Matt left Ikonboard back a decade ago and created IPB there were tons of rumors. Eventually Ikonboard vanished. I am sure the other guys suing XenForo know the history and know this software could take their market.

I put some money down on XenForo. Awesome work devs. Keep it up.

You and me share somewhat the same story. I'm glad that I made the jump as well. Welcome aboard.

I've been caught up in my own thing and I wasn't aware of XenForo until I went looking after some recent frustrations with other forum software's capabilities. I ran across XenForo and quickly fell in love with the coding standards and ease of use. This forum software is pretty awesome.

I was initially looking at mybb and I saw a thread on their forums about the XenForo lawsuit with vBulletin. My history with Invision/Matt's software goes all the way back to when he worked for Ikonboard. When Matt left Ikonboard back a decade ago and created IPB there were tons of rumors. Eventually Ikonboard vanished. I am sure the other guys suing XenForo know the history and know this software could take their market.

I put some money down on XenForo. Awesome work devs. Keep it up.
Second to that. This software is too good to be forced to discontinue. And even with that risk (if any), it worth taking that risk (that's why i also bought it 2 weeks back despite all the rumors).

And the fun is, I was totally decided to buy vB, and just before I'd pay, accidentally I came across a forum ran by XF, and it took hardly 5mins to halt my decision, and 2 hours to change my decision. Must this accident was planned from heaven ;) :P

Anyway, jokes apart, really think taking risk for a soft with such standard is more than worth taking. Best of luck for the soft and the devs, and ofcours with the lawsuit. Hopefully it'll end soon so that we can have an uninterrupted and smooth development progress.

cheers for XF.

I moved from vBulletin to Xenforo less than a month ago, after being with vBulletin from the version 2 days up to 4.2 and why is easy, Xenforo just works and its clean interface, plus what it might lack in some areas can be made up for with some good add on's.

Yes Xenforo still lacks in some areas when it comes to replacing my old vBulletin add on's, but its not anything that's going kill off my site.

Yes my page ranking had a big hit on google when i first moved, in fact i dropped right down to like page 6-8 for my sites main search term, but in less than a move I'm up to the top half of the first page, doing a little better than it was when with vBulletin and without the need for vbSEO.

I moved from vBulletin to Xenforo less than a month ago, after being with vBulletin from the version 2 days up to 4.2 and why is easy, Xenforo just works and its clean interface,...
vBulletin is a limousine from 90s that still gets maintenance and upgrades. It runs alright. Xenforo is a modern vehicle much like electrical Tesla.

In stark contrast to my XenForo experience, whenever I use vBulletin I feel taken back in time to the gone world of Ikonboard and UBB.threads.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom