RM 2.1 "Last Update" is not showing correctly after doing a version update

bzcomputers

Updated a couple resources with new versions about 5 days ago and the only place that shows the date correctly is the "Release Date" for the new version under history. The "Last Update" for each resource still shows incorrectly the release date of the prior (first) version of the resource.

Seems to be a cron update issue, but manually running all related crons does not fix it.

The last update time should be reflected immediately at the time of update and doesn’t require any sort of cron processing.

My best guess is that you might have an add-on related to the Resource Manager and it has a bad method extension which is stopping our default code from running.

You may need to do some testing with add-ons disabled to see if that makes any difference.

It's also worth noting that the last update time specifically relates to when a resource update is posted. If you do a new version but do not post an update, this won't change the last update time. This is an intentional decision; if the version update requires a bump, then you should be making a post to indicate this.

It's also worth noting that the last update time specifically relates to when a resource update is posted. If you do a new version but do not post an update, this won't change the last update time. This is an intentional decision; if the version update requires a bump, then you should be making a post to indicate this.

This is exactly why I was seeing the "issue" ...I was releasing a new version without posting an update message.

Thanks, now I know why and how to avoid it the future.

Top Bottom