Browser issue Larger font on wrapped titles

They're showing the same size for me. Are you sure they're just not the only unread ones for you in that node?

Attachments

• Waka!.webp
    Waka!.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 8
Not seeing that here. Which browser? Do you have a screenshot?

Only variance is bold/not bold for unread and read respectively.

Yes, it is related to titles which wrap to another line, I just confirmed that in the test forum.

The browser is Silk 64.2 and the OS is Fire on the Amazon kindle.

Maybe noteworthy, this only seems to happen if the thread title is three lines, two or less lines it does not happen.

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this on either a very old version of Silk (50-something) and the latest version of Silk (65). I won't go into too much detail, but there are guides out there on how to break the walled-garden of the Amazon Fire OS and add the various missing Google apps and services (including the Google Play Store) so if that's something you fancy doing, you'll be able to install Chrome which, of course, also doesn't have this issue.

Going to have to chalk it up to a browser issue, unfortunately.

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this on either a very old version of Silk (50-something) and the latest version of Silk (65). I won't go into too much detail, but there are guides out there on how to break the walled-garden of the Amazon Fire OS and add the various missing Google apps and services (including the Google Play Store) so if that's something you fancy doing, you'll be able to install Chrome which, of course, also doesn't have this issue.

Going to have to chalk it up to a browser issue, unfortunately.
This is also happening on Android running Chrome version 75.0.3770.143. Are you able to repro and confirm it's a browser bug?

Last edited:
Tks, tested on another phone running Android 8.0 with same version of Chrome and can't repro. Just happening on LG G6 running Android version 8.0.0 and Chrome version 75.0.3770, but not Samsung Galaxy S3 on same versions, so 🤷‍♂️.

I hate to necro this thread, but we're getting multiple reports of this happening with Chrome on Android (S10) mobile devices as well.

XF2.1.4

1572527589746.png

To those with this issue, this happens in Android settings when your text size is Extra Large or Huge. It does not happen at Large and below.

I am on 2.2.8 android font to 'large' and chrome give me 3 different font sizes, not sure if anyone found a better work around, it's not like I can tell my users to set their entire phone font to accomodate. I will try some other browsers, might have to recommend they use Firefox or such. Just tried Firefox and it seems ok.

Top Bottom