Large vb4 conversion

ukdalai

hi, i have a very large vb4 forum with over 1.7 million attachments amounting to 2.2Tb, my question is how hard will the conversion to zen be, i know there will be more info needed, but just from that point how easy will it be, the attachments are stored in the file system and are a mix of images and videos.

Thanks
Craig

The importer will be able to handle it but it may take some time as it is web based.

There is a third party paid importer which is CLI based and quicker, which a lot of 'big' board owners prefer to use, to limit the amount of downtime.

does zen handle attachments in a similar way to vb, i ask because its one of the reasons we are moving away from vb,
we would like a more user friendly way of showing vids on the site, like inline or streaming them rather than having to d/l to watch.
Craig

Are you uploading the content to your server?

If so, you will need a custom solution such as something like FlowPlayer in order to embed and stream them.

You can do the same in XF, but again it would just be an attachment and members would have to download it in order to play it back.

In order to host content on your server, and stream it, it would require a custom solution.

Top Bottom