Translation Language Packs?

Hecter

I'm looking for specifically French, German and Spanish language packs and while I found two of the 3 they place copyright coding on my site, which I found pretty odd as its a language pack, can anyone point me in the correct direction where I would get the 3 above named language packs preferably without copyright coding all over my site.

Translations are created by other XenForo users, not XenForo themselves. As such they may choose to add a copyright for their work. There may be an option to remove the copyright with a payment, you'd need a check with the author.

If you do not wish to have a copyright displayed or to pay for its removal, you could always translate yourself.

Translations are created by other XenForo users, not XenForo themselves. As such they may choose to add a copyright for their work. There may be an option to remove the copyright with a payment, you'd need a check with the author.

If you do not wish to have a copyright displayed or to pay for its removal, you could always translate yourself.

I have no issue with copyright being on when the language is active, but not slapped right on my site as soon as its installed, I think thats a bit much. And if I could translate it myself I wouldn't be here asking for language packs. :)

As for paying, were effectively a new site, and 50% of xenforo at this stage is about paying for what you need, so as you can imagine were not sat with a pot of gold so we have to bide our time and get the correct mods which we require or do it ourselves as you suggested.

I have no issue with copyright being on when the language is active, but not slapped right on my site as soon as its installed, I think thats a bit much. And if I could translate it myself I wouldn't be here asking for language packs. :)
Disabling an add-on after it's installed will remove the copyright until the add-on is activated again. Other than that, payment for removal or not using the add-on are your only other options apart from translating yourself. You'd be better taking up the discussion with the author.

As the owner of a small site that I mostly finance myself, I fully appreciate the situation regarding costing. I can also appreciate the work that goes into translating XenForo as well as creating add-ons, so I understand why some authors require a copyright or payment for their work. :)

Disabling an add-on after it's installed will remove the copyright until the add-on is activated again. Other than that, payment for removal or not using the add-on are your only other options apart from translating yourself. You'd be better taking up the discussion with the author.

As the owner of a small site that I mostly finance myself, I fully appreciate the situation regarding costing. I can also appreciate the work that goes into translating XenForo as well as creating add-ons, so I understand why some authors require a copyright or payment for their work. :)

I completely understand, the past 3 weeks I have literally been at it non stop, I have no issue with the copyright at all, but would prefer it if it was restricted to when the language was active and not constant. I already have 4 copyright notices on my site from other mods it just starts to get a bit messy. But I 100% appreciate how time intensive these things are.

I found some languages how would I update the various phrases of the various things I have added, looked around in phrases but I'm pretty lost in that area as its just a wall of material. :D

The set of guides I linked to explain in detail how to locate and edit a specific phrase.

The set of guides I linked to explain in detail how to locate and edit a specific phrase.

Yeah that is where I am lost, I presume the forums I set up won't be in phrases until I create the phrase for it but I'm a bit lost with this one at the moment.

It's not clear what you mean by forums.

If you are referring to the forum names, those can't be translated.

Top Bottom