XF 1.3 Lag with loading content on Xenforo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coturo

So I work with another website that uses the Xenforo content. When I get a notification that someone has tagged me into a post or that there is new content that has been posted, or even when I try to do anything with the website... it will begin to glitch or act up, and then I'll have to reload the webpage several times for the actual thing I'm trying to do will work. I had the owner look at the CPU and memory usage for the website, and it's not anything bad... I'm not sure what else to look for (I'm still learning about website management). Also I'm not sure which version of Xenforo the website is running, but it says 2010-2014 Xenforo at the bottom.What should I try to look at or fix so that posts/comments/changing profile pictures/etc will show up the first time while you're on the page and not after you reload several times?

It's running an old version so difficult to say which one.

The first step though would be to disable all add-ons and test in a completely default unedited style, with all custom JS removed.

A link to a page exhibiting the problem would also be useful.

So I work with another website that uses the Xenforo content.
Ideally the site/license owner would contact us about the problem, rather than trying to resolve it via a third party.

It's running an old version so difficult to say which one.

The first step though would be to disable all add-ons and test in a completely default unedited style, with all custom JS removed.

A link to a page exhibiting the problem would also be useful.

Ideally the site/license owner would contact us about the problem, rather than trying to resolve it via a third party.
We only have two addons running on the website:
http://gyazo.com/b733402e281bbc460746425e09762065
I'll try disabling them and running a test. Did you want a link to the actual forum or snapshots of the problem happening?
I understand that, but she is very busy and asked me to look into the issue for her. I can get any information that you will need though, I have full access to the webpage.

Did you want a link to the actual forum or snapshots of the problem happening?

An actual link and test login ideally. If we can reproduce the problem then we can know the nature of it. Maybe it's runaway js or a slow request or rendering lag. This can be better determined if we are reproducing the problem ourselves.

...but basic troubleshooting is always best to do first. Disable addons and use the default style like Brogan suggested. If the problem goes away then you have narrowed it down.

An actual link and test login ideally. If we can reproduce the problem then we can know the nature of it. Maybe it's runaway js or a slow request or rendering lag. This can be better determined if we are reproducing the problem ourselves.

...but basic troubleshooting is always best to do first. Disable addons and use the default style like Brogan suggested. If the problem goes away then you have narrowed it down.
http://candycraftmcforums.x10host.com/index.php
The login I created for you is:
Username: tester
Pass: tester

The problem is that it takes awhile for the actual new content to load, and sometimes it shows old webpages. I disabled the shoutbox we have installed and it ran a little smoother, but still was glitchy. I checked my messages on the site and got a cache error (although I forgot to take a screenshot of this). My username on that forum is Ruslan.

Just got this error:
http://gyazo.com/97211245d7c2ad07bcc09fa3a8753f20

That site has an unlinked copyright.

Is it licensed?

I can't find a license using any of the details on that site which leads me to believe it is running a pirate copy of XF.

As such, no support will be provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom