Lacking motivation...

You know as I'm typing this, I'm getting an idea of trying to find some partners with me and just doing it the project, I crave for like minded people.

@Shelly, I actually stalk my site as a guest most of the time,

8thos does make sense, the reason why I'm even posting here and not on my site :LOL:

If you can get trusted friends that is a good foundation to get your motivation up. I remember one site I ran with a great bunch of moderators (talented designs) and we ran a very successful graphic forum. After I closed that down I mainly ran sites on my own which is part of the problem as I prefer doing the admin end stuff (styling, bit of coding etc) so when one task is piled on one person I think this might be a factor that causes the loss in motivation.

I could be wrong but speaking for myself as many people run successful sites on their own.

If you can get trusted friends that is a good foundation to get your motivation up. I remember one site I ran with a great bunch of moderators (talented designs) and we ran a very successful graphic forum. After I closed that down I mainly ran sites on my own which is part of the problem as I prefer doing the admin end stuff (styling, bit of coding etc) so when one task is piled on one person I think this might be a factor that causes the loss in motivation.

I could be wrong but speaking for myself as many people run successful sites on their own.
This is pretty accurate in my experiences as well. A few years ago I attempted to run an anime forum by myself and it was semi-successful but too much work in the end. I didn't trust anyone to help me moderate it. I started a small gaming community in '09 and found out a lot of my administrators and loyal members are huge anime fans. So we have begun to revive my old anime community :). Now I already have 7 moderators and 25 members signed up and we aren't even open to the public yet.

Get people together you trust and they'll motivate you to keep going. Everytime I wake up I can see them all posting about awesome topics and enjoying the forum in its current "default" form. Keeps me motivated to keep making changes and ensuring it is the best thing out there!

That's the hard part, it's almost impossible for me to involve any people I know personally. I'll be honest about it. People I know don't even know what wordpress is...

Doing all the work does increase the stress and isn't fun for me as well. I think I need a fresh start and change my thought of doing things.

Wonder if it will be appropriate to even post a thread seeking partners on here...

They don't have to be friends you can just publish your site and those who come and post and participate to your site. If you think they have potential then choice them.

They don't have to be friends you can just publish your site and those who come and post and participate to your site. If you think they have potential then choice them.

I'm not really a much of a picky person, all I need is reliable people to enjoy making a community with. I'm really laid back in this respect.

I am in the same boat as you right now.

Have a domain, a shell of a forum, but just not much interest to do anything else at the time. It is a subject I am very passionate about, I just find myself FORCING myself to attempt to do anything with it at the time. Would help to have someone just as passionate involved, but that seems lacking as well. Oh well... move on to the next day.

Hi,
My advice to you would be that you first make sure what exactly you want to do. If you are planning to start the work in SEO, then there is alot of time which needs to be invested. However, if you feel that this kind of work doesn't interest you much then look for some other avenues. My personal view is that SEO is quite an interesting work, provided you learn the technique well.

Good Luck!

If ya'll are lacking motivation, you should consider only starting sites as a team, with someone, so that they can take over when you are down or don't care anymore.

I think it's selfish and immature when a webmaster shuts their site down for users who still go there and enjoy the site, just because the webmaster doesn't care anymore.

I lost motivation in my first xenforo site and had no one to take over cause no one else really cared enough to really be on it, promote or work on it without me having to ask them.

So I learned the hard way never to start a site if you don't have a supporting team cause if you give up, the site dies with your lack of motivation.

I don't know why, but even though I have a xF licence, a nice domain for a niche (SEO wise) and a slick premium theme along with hosting, yet I am just not motivated to start up the site.

What is wrong with me? And is this normal for a web master? :(

I've been wanting to create my site for a few months now I even have found someone that codes and has so much time on their hands to help me with it but my life is so overloaded at the moment I cant seem to focus enough to give it the attention a new site would need. Sometimes I confuse it with lack of motivation but I know what you mean it feels like there is something wrong.

Top Bottom