Lack of quality Xenforo themes

Deepmartini

Why is it so hard to find a good dark-colored Xenforo theme? I tried playing with the style editor but it's hard to use for a new-person like me and the descriptive wording isn't intuitive. I looked for a diagram or something which would point out what each color affects what part in the theme but don't see one anywhere.

I'm considering just having a custom theme made but not sure how much this would cost or time frames. If I could learn how to do it myself I would prefer that.

I downloaded a theme on here to start with but the TinyMCE editor is displaying white text on white background so nothing is coming up or working which makes it very frustrating for me, as no one can post (cause they can't see anything). No one replied back so am not getting any help there and will likely have to abandon the theme altogether and try another one.

I love the Xenforo software but making it look different than the default is a frustrating experience. It would be nice if there was a sample selection of color palettes already installed and we could pick one we like and things would change to fit. Picking each color for each little setting is hard to do for someone who's never done this before. It ends up looking ugly.

Have you checked out Animate? It's a new dark skin that has been completely customised. I spent ages making sure the editor is done as well and a number of bits have been changed to make sure it looks good.

XenForo is very new. And it has only been recently that the stable version was released.
You need to be patient. now that xf has been declared stable there will be many style designers showing up.

I know what dark theme you're talking about not working - mine - and I will update it eventually, eventually being the key word here. I've not reproduced the error yet and it only affects some installs, works fine for me online & a few others, so more work needs to be done finding the cause. As I don't charge for this theme, the support comes out of my own time, and I dont have much to spare lately. I'd suggest a paid theme if you need help getting things sorted quicker, or learn about CSS and dive into things yourself.

Have you checked out Animate? It's a new dark skin that has been completely customised. I spent ages making sure the editor is done as well and a number of bits have been changed to make sure it looks good.

This theme looks nice. There should be made room for a tagline to go under the html site name, or an easy way to upload a transparent logo. Also can the animation be easily switched off? My other concern is the secondary menu under the main menu, from a usability standpoint it is not easy to know that these are subcategories of the above clicked-on tab, because they are so separated. The search box being raised to header is a nice touch. Xenforo should consider doing that.

Good point about the secondary menu.

From a quick look, putting tagline wouldn't be a problem if you don't change the height of the header - that red galaxy background image is made at 130 pixel height.

Any other dark themes to recommend? A grunge or old looking type theme would work as well. Or maybe I should find a wordpress theme I like and try to mimic that with Xenforo?

I do hope that some designers put out more skins, either free oe paid, soon.
The problem with having so few, is that a lot of sites are using the same themes.
Everywhere you go, you see Flexile!

This theme looks nice. There should be made room for a tagline to go under the html site name, or an easy way to upload a transparent logo. Also can the animation be easily switched off? My other concern is the secondary menu under the main menu, from a usability standpoint it is not easy to know that these are subcategories of the above clicked-on tab, because they are so separated. The search box being raised to header is a nice touch. Xenforo should consider doing that.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll make a note and see if I can improve a few things. :)

Top Bottom