Lack of Google bots

Alvin63

Couldn’t see a heading for SEO so hope this is the right section,

So - I have a distinct lack of bots and only seen a Google bot once. I’m doing just the same as I did with my other forum and with that I found I had a load of bots appear every time I added a new article. Even at the start. I’ve been adding new articles to the home page virtually daily. And although there are only a handful of members right now there is regular posting. This is exactly how my last forum started and I had regular Google bots, bing bots etc. Especially after just posting a new article. And I’m paying for Google ads - whether that helps or not.

Something doesn’t seem right. I have the G code installed on the forum (Google ads gave the code so Google analytics worked). I’ve checked Google console and analytics and they are showing statistics. It keeps giving me a notification about pages that can’t be searched (about 54 incidences now and about 11 positive).

Something doesn’t seem quite right.

You are stressing over nothing... Google Bots don't stay on your site, and you don't want them to as they hog bandwidth as they crawl...
I see them maybe 2-3 times a day on a "heavy" day.

Top Bottom