LA Times

EQnoble

Dear LA Times

Please stop sending me emails of news stories that you will not let me read.

I find it annoying that you feel it ok to send me over 12 emails a day for things which you will not let me read.

It's the news, and opinions of news aside (which isn't really news anyways) you don't own it so stop wasting my time, I have tried to stop the emails but I can't because you put a massive overlay on your site that says I have read my 5 stories for the month and because of that I can't remove myself from your mailing list...if I can only read 5 stories why are you sending me 12 emails a day?

Just because your email marketing deal allows for unlimited campaigns monthly doesn't mean you have to put your proverbial cake in my inbox with a follow up note upon clicking the bait that basically says "just kidding, we eat our own cake, forget you, the cake is a lie".

That is all.

Dear LA Times

Please stop sending me emails of news stories that you will not let me read.

I find it annoying that you feel it ok to send me over 12 emails a day for things which you will not let me read.

It's the news, and opinions of news aside (which isn't really news anyways) you don't own it so stop wasting my time, I have tried to stop the emails but I can't because you put a massive overlay on your site that says I have read my 5 stories for the month and because of that I can't remove myself from your mailing list...if I can only read 5 stories why are you sending me 12 emails a day?

Just because your email marketing deal allows for unlimited campaigns monthly doesn't mean you have to put your proverbial cake in my inbox with a follow up note upon clicking the bait that basically says "just kidding, we eat our own cake, forget you, the cake is a lie".

That is all.
Depending upon your ISP, block their domain from incoming emails, or get Mail Washer from FireTrust and use a filter to delete their emails from your mailbox.

Nah I know how to block emails and all that (TBH I could just be an ass and have everyone I know start marking them as spam as that would actually cause them workload like they are doing to me but I appreciate the suggestion though), but I have been on their mail list for years, have not minded the thousands of mails they have sent me so long as I was able to choose which I wanted to read.

It really is about the fact that they make it impossible for me to remove myself from that list without much effort on my own because of their 5 pieces of bait to switch tactic.

The trade off of having the ability to read what I wanted was worth the extra time it took me to go through my mail box, but now that they are sending me more emails a day than the amount of stories I am allowed to read for the month...they are reaching too far and if I am going to waste my time for their monetary gain I'd rather do it here publicly they way I do when people piss me off by stepping over a line I should not have to draw in the digital sands especially for a formal and well formulated company.

Again this rant is my alternative to marking their emails as spam and getting everyone one I know to do so as well.

The point isn't about working around them...it's about complaining that I get invited by email to a party with closed doors and showing how I am capable of wasting my own time with my own decisions and don't need them to dictate how my time get's wasted and which flaming hoops I need to jump through to get a cookie.

The news should be dignified, without opinion and open to all...the fact that they are playing games like a common spam/clickbait site is pretty bad and worth spending my time commenting on (where as setting up spam filters for a legit news site isn't) because it's almost as bad as a for profit system to acquire copies of laws you are required to be in compliance with and the only reason it's not as bad as the for profit court document system is because that profit system concerning court docs is actually illegal versus what the LA times is doing just being immoral and demeaning.

Yep, I hear you...

They are in the business of selling news. That doesn't mean they have to be reasonable about it.

I have similar concerns about the New York Times, but fortunately for me they aren't spamming my email inbox. I just don't click on any of their news articles.

Top Bottom