• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Kotomi - Generic script bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok quick off-topic question that relates to this. Does anyone know how to add a navigation tab for the page with sub navigation tabs?

I know it is not really related but I figure I ask it here where it is most related instead of starting a new thread as I am using it on the example_index page which I would like to modify to be my full template with all possible options so I can repeat the process for needed things on other pages, first being the nav tabs.

Ok for now I have added a tab via the navigation template for navigation purposes. So that issue is semi-solved and will hold up but I will say ahead of time I'm not against changing the way the tab is now.

gdxgfgdfgd.webp

The problem I am having is I cannot make the link show up as selected. I have tried a few things to no avail.

Because of the way Kotomi works (as I think I understand from the original post) I can use xenforo syntax and any php that I would need. With that in mind I am wondering if there is a methodology or an example that someone has on how to do this with all the angles covered that they could share.

I would assume that a kotomi page placed in the same directory as the normal index.php automaticly logs on a user who already is logged on. If my assumption is correct then why does
Code:
$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
return a totally empty Visitor structure. there is no real user.. Everything is blanked out.

How do I get 'correct' XenForo object to work with kotomi?

Dark is there an easy way to get it to run from a template?
Code:
<body>
<xen:include template='slider' />
</body>
example

I would assume that a kotomi page placed in the same directory as the normal index.php automaticly logs on a user who already is logged on. If my assumption is correct then why does
Code:
return a totally empty Visitor structure. there is no real user.. Everything is blanked out.

I'm seeing the same thing, don't have a solution as of yet.

OK, I am trying to get this to work but not succeeding. Installed the plugin on my 1.0.1 site. When I hit the example-index.php I only get the Hello world! text and no branding.

Thoughts?

--Ed

On line 4 of example-index.php edit
Code:
$kotomi_container = false;
to read
Code:
$kotomi_container = true;

Let me know how that goes for you.

Not a problem...btw nice site concept :)
Thanks. I just need to get some last things corrected and get the sucker launched!

So how are people handling the relative URLs in the header/footer when the page is not in the same directory as XenForo? I know Kier indicated that it's something that they "WONT FIX" but it represents a problem for code like this where XenForo is generating the wrapper for a page that is in another folder. (just see what happens when I moved the page to the root of my site) There are problems with the JS and CSS paths so they aren't loading, as well as navigation links and login form URLs which are wrong. At first glance, it doesn't look like it's something that is easily addressed.

Anyone have a good way to solve this?

--Ed

Code:

I'm interested too.
Someone knows how to resolve it?

Just noticed you have:
PHP:
$startTime = microtime(true);
in your code. That's not really necessary is it?!

Other than that, a great script.

Brett - which one did you use? i presume that you managed to integrate the logins somehow??

I ended up using plogger which I would presume would not meet your needs as it is very basic (just serves my content so no logins needed), I am still eagerly waiting for the release of KK's gallery so that I can get rid of my current bandaid solution and serve content from members also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom