KnownHost - Managed Hosting Services - !!75% Off Base Cost NVMe, VPS or Cloud!! - Perfect for any size XenForo deployment.

any chance to provide shared hosting with no mod security, its huge problems for xenforo.

Howdy,

You can use htaccess rules to disable mod_security if you find it's causing too many troubles.

Something like below should do the trick.

Code:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

I posted over at the KH forums but figured I'd post here also in case anybody else wants to give their advice...... :)

KH currently has their 30% off deal going on again and I'm looking at upgrading from my current SSD VPS plan. My needs will be primarily disk space (a lot of disk space) for just a few forums. I can eke out the space I need on my current plan but I'd rather have plenty extra to spare than taking a chance of running close to the limit. So really it'd be a few different XF forums with a lot of drive space. On top of that I'm currently running ElasticSearch with not much else at the moment.

My big question is.... what should I consider when deciding between the KH Managed VPS plans (https://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps.html) versus the KH Manged Cloud VPS plans (https://www.knownhost.com/managed-cloud-kvm-hosting.html)?

The biggest difference is the underlying technology. The systems will be very similar in speed, support, the end result of "what you get" which is solid, reliable website hosting.

Cloud uses a distributed storage architecture, more powerful servers, and full control of your kernel through KVM virtualization as opposed to OpenVZ virtualization. What this means to you is more stability and flexibility. Stability mainly stemming from the architecture side of things - since it's a distributed storage architecture in the event of catastrophic hardware failure we don't have to physically move your data to start up your VM on a different host node. That means in a complete host node failure situation downtime is more along the lines of a few minutes instead of potentially a few hours or more. KVM gives you full control of your VMs kernel to run things such as CloudLinux, Imunify360, or anything else that needs kernel-level access.

Kevin did you move to the cloud package? i am with KH with a VPS also looking at moving to the same package, do you find it any better than the traditional VPS.

Kevin did you move to the cloud package? i am with KH with a VPS also looking at moving to the same package, do you find it any better than the traditional VPS.
I did, to the Cloud-3 package to be specific. The new package offered more resources all-around (RAM, HD, CPUs, etc.) so the immediate impact I saw was slightly faster page load times. In my case I did the switch primarily for the increased HD space but after getting the new server up & running with everything needed the overall experience is positive; sort of like upgrading to a new laptop, everything still runs, just a little faster & smoother.

One heads-up... on the pricing page the prices shown have an asterisk on them; the fine print is that the prices shown are if you pre-pay yearly, the month-to-month rates are higher. As part of my migration I ended up also switching to the pre-paid yearly plan.

I've been a KnownHost customer for years, and I can also highly recommend their services and support. Very pleased...

How long does the 30%/life last?
i wonder to*
Their site says "for life" but, I'm assuming, the disclaimer is that as long as your account is in good standing, etcetera. With my last server with them I had a similar promo price and it remained that price, with the discount, for years. and I'd still be paying that price if I hadn't switched packages (but now I'm getting 30% off instead of, I think it was, 10% so I still win. :D)

EDIT: I'm in the KH site now actually to deactivate my old server.... the old package with the discount price has been out there since August 6, 2013. :D

Their site says "for life" but, I'm assuming, the disclaimer is that as long as your account is in good standing, etcetera. With my last server with them I had a similar promo price and it remained that price, with the discount, for years. and I'd still be paying that price if I hadn't switched packages (but now I'm getting 30% off instead of, I think it was, 10% so I still win. :D)

View attachment 189926

EDIT: I'm in the KH site now actually to deactivate my old server.... the old package with the discount price has been out there since August 6, 2013. :D

I meant how long does it last for new customers. :)

But I switched to KnownHost (managed VPS) yesterday from DigitalOcean and did a migration myself. There were a few hiccups, but man the support team was extremely prompt. I only switched because of what people said in this thread, and they were not wrong about the stellar support. Also my site is way faster now. It was a pain maintaining my server on DigitalOcean, because everything was manual (but very cheap), so this relieves my burden.

But I switched to KnownHost (managed VPS) yesterday from DigitalOcean and did a migration myself. There were a few hiccups, but man the support team was extremely prompt. I only switched because of what people said in this thread, and they were not wrong about the stellar support. Also my site is way faster now. It was a pain maintaining my server on DigitalOcean, because everything was manual (but very cheap), so this relieves my burden.

That's exactly what we want to hear!

Top Bottom