Knock Knock....

Who's there?

Oh, missed the thread, just went off the title.

IB will sue anyone any chance they get...seems the only way they can try to "earn" revenue as their businesses seem to fail to earn on their own. At least that's what I have seen. However, they may get the smackdown from wikipedia. Live by the sword, die by the sword. (Oh, yeah, to circle back to the knock, knock joke.... (On IB's door): Knock, Knock...who's there? A massive judgement against you and a negative balance sheet.

cop-out-nope.gif

Oddly enough the only software I have never used is Burning Board, don't know why I keep forgetting them. Anyone have any experience with them? Would be great to read some.

Hey Dark,
Yes I have a license and really like BB. It is much easier for me to use than XF. The only negative is their support system because it is mostly in German but I'm going to ask them if I can start a BB support forum in English and see where things go. BB seems to have a somewhat active dev community as well. For an inexpensive paid forum, this is about the best out there.

P.S. Seriously though, it is clear that BB4 will look similiar to XF in several respects so again if it is similar in appearance, this means that the coding must be similar as well right? Thus making BB an additional target of IB? Am I not seeing this clearly or what?

P.S. Seriously though, it is clear that BB4 will look similiar to XF in several respects so again if it is similar in appearance, this means that the coding must be similar as well right? Thus making BB an additional target of IB? Am I not seeing this clearly or what?

It will look like xenforo doesn't mean coding base will be same as xenforo and i doubt that .

That would be awesome! :) I did bring up the English support topic myself, and a developer responded..
http://www.woltlab.com/forum/woltlab/pre-sales-questions/203376-a-few-questions/#post1194798

But I think if they have an English support forum dedicated to just that, it would be awesome. :) They even offered me a discount temporary just to be able to get their software to use it too. That helped seal the deal for me.

Read it. I would have to somewhat disagree. Their English support isn't all that great and some language (phrasing) in your intitial download and some mods will have to be translated.

Yes PP does suck.

I have Flinstone feet. ;)

Mybb = Almost identical to VB3 series.
BB4= Looking a lot like XF in appearance..

What a wierd small world of forum crap. LOL

@vVv. Probably so. LOL

I stopped paying attention to the lawsuit crap after I found MYBB to look almost exactly like VB and they didn't get sued so my only conclusion to this current lawsuit with XF is that this is a personal issue and nothing to do with coding. What else could I come to after seeing and using MYBB?

Top Bottom