[TH] Fonts Manager [Deleted]

katsulynx updated [KL] Fonts Manager with a new update entry:

Increased File Size Limit & Upload Fix

• Increased maximum File Size for uploading local fonts to 10Mb. (Do yourself and your users a favor though and try to stay away from fonts that large.)
  • Fixed a bug that would sporadically prevent users from uploading certain fonts exceeding random file size limitations or being in some name schemata. All files not exceeding 10Mb in .woff-format should now work without problems.
  • Included reason for failed upload into "No file found"-Error page for clarification...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No error.
Just like before, when I click on update button, it saves really soon. And the font is not added then.
But fonts in small size can be added easily.
(I have just 2 big size fonts that want to add them. one in 350kb and the other 500kb)

Hmmm.
We can upload upto 1 GB per file in our forum. Also I have some other add-ons that have uploader in ACP and they work with big size files.
What we can do now? If coming to my PC with Team Viewer can help you see what is going on, let me know so I send you needed info in PC.

Can you access your server error log to see if there's something in there? If not, I might try teamviewer.

Nothing about it in server error log. Neither in ACP, nor in server itself. I'll pm you my TV id and pass.
Thanks

Just had a long TeamViewer session with @Dadparvar. We couldn't sort the error out but we were able to partially do a workaround for now and get some fonts working. If anyone is encountering the same problem with the upload of fonts being bugged, please feel free to write me a pm for instructions. I'll have my bachelor thesis finished by the start of the month and then i'll have plenty of time to get all the stuff hopefully working that is making trouble right now. For so long sorry for the inconvenience!

Browsers should only load the specific fonts once though, so it doesn't really make any difference.
My theme would somewhat specifically set the weight of the font by default though. Like this:
Code:
//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:400,700|Exo:300,400,700
But your add-on would simply add this:
Code:
//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat|Exo
After comparing the CSS content, specifically setting the font weight would tell Google Fonts to load an extra font for certain font weight. And that includes bold weight. So that made me wonder whether it'd have been better if your add-on also specifically load the bold weight by default, or something? Or perhaps add the ability to load additional font weight?

@BobbyWibowo you can 'hack' this behaviour by adding a webfont with 'Exo:300,400,700' and set the position to 0, so it will not be displayed in the editor for now. I'll see what I can do about it in the next update.

When we use costume fonts in our posts (for example when we want to reply to a post) then the email sent to user has the tags in it.
I wish there was a way to hide font tags from emails.

When we use costume fonts in our posts (for example when we want to reply to a post) then the email sent to user has the tags in it.
I wish there was a way to hide font tags from emails.

Do you happen to know if that's also the case in native XenForo? I must admit I never even thought about the email notifications in the first place...

When I use other default fonts in editor, they don't put tags in email. Also all fonts of my style is a custom font. So you see a custom font even in messages.
But when I add new custom font to editor, then the email sent for it will contain the tags of newly custom font used in post.

@Dadparvar The next version will no longer render the [Font]-Tags in Emails and will properly display default and custom fonts instead. I'd love to include all local and webfonts as well, but unfortunately email clients got stuck in the late 90s when it comes to css and therefor not support additional fonts.

@Dadparvar The next version will no longer render the [Font]-Tags in Emails and will properly display default and custom fonts instead. I'd love to include all local and webfonts as well, but unfortunately email clients got stuck in the late 90s when it comes to css and therefor not support additional fonts.
Awesome.
We use Email Customizer add-on of @Arty , and it easily let us use some fonts that are supported by email clients.
Just the problem was the tags. That you say you fixed it.
Thanks

@BobbyWibowo you can 'hack' this behaviour by adding a webfont with 'Exo:300,400,700' and set the position to 0, so it will not be displayed in the editor for now. I'll see what I can do about it in the next update.
So, I'll have one Exo without the size thingy (position set to 0), and the other one with sizes (position set to above 0 to make it appear on editor)?

So, I'll have one Exo without the size thingy (position set to 0), and the other one with sizes (position set to above 0 to make it appear on editor)?
The other way round, because the BBCode of the one with the Size will be broken, that's why you hide it.
I'll include an option to specify Font weights in the next version.

Top Bottom