Kinetic Countdown [jQuery/Forumhome] [Deleted]

Kinetic updated Kinetic Countdown [Customizable Javascript Countdown] with a new update entry:

KineticCountdown 1.2.0 (BUGFIX FOR USERS GETTING NaN ERROR, NEW LOCATIONS FOR COUNTDOWN)

Changes:

Version 1.2.0
- Code changes.
- Fixed bug where countdown digits were displaying as NaN.
- Added different versions for other locations on the forums.
- Refined options per version.

Version 1.1.0
- Code changes.
- Fixed bug where text alongside would not be removed when countdown was finished.
- Added container to the addon with box layout.
- Added ability to change Box border color.
- Added ability to change Box background color.
- Added ability to style Box with CSS....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Kinetic is it possible for you to make this addon compatible with Chris Deemings Addon Installer?

I can add support for the Xenporta system in the next update, 1.3.0 will be released in the next 3-5 days as a user has brought a bug with the styling to my attention which is also going to be patched.

Ok so the system takes into account location of the server to count down the clock correct from (in the options)? Does it also use the users preference timezone to calculate the number of hours left? Or is it based on the timezone on the users comp?

Ok so the system takes into account location of the server to count down the clock correct from (in the options)? Does it also use the users preference timezone to calculate the number of hours left? Or is it based on the timezone on the users comp?

looks like it is causing an issue for users in different timezones.

1)I entered the date/time in the options based on the server timezone (brisbane, australia). (date time was set to coming saturday 6:30pm Brisbane, QLD, Australia time)
2)I am also in the same timezone as the server so it looks fine for me
3) ppl in New Zealand or other parts of Australia look at it, and the countdown is out. i.e. it tells me the game is due to start in
05 (days), 01(Hours),47(minutes), 34(seconds) yet for say someone in melbourne australia it is saying that the game is due to start in 05 (days), 00(Hours),47(minutes), 34(seconds).

Shouldnt the time remaining be the same for everyone regardless of what timezones they are in. For example if an event is starting for me in 2 hours, the same time remaining is applicable to anyone else in the world.

Kinetic updated Kinetic Countdown [Customizable Javascript Countdown] {Free Version} with a new update entry:

Bug fix and code changes!

History:
Version 1.3.0
- Code changes.
- Fixed bug where countdown styling was being applied to other forum elements.
- Released paid version with several new features.
Version 1.2.0
- Code changes.
- Fixed bug where countdown digits were displaying as NaN.
- Added different versions for other locations on the forums.
- Refined options per version....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom