1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinetic Countdown [jQuery/Forumhome] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Kinetic, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Kinetic submitted a new resource:

Kinetic Countdown [jQuery/Forumhome] (version 1.0.0) - Adds a customizable jquery countdown just above the nodes on forumhome.

Read more about this resource...

2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Loving this addon. I run a sports related forum and this countdown will be nice so all members will be able to see how much longer till football season.

3. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Glad you like it! Plenty of updates to follow with sporting events also in mind.

tajhay likes this.
  4. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Awesome news. My site caters more towards college sports so......

5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Can we include url in the text?
    After the countdown becomes 0, would it disappear?

6. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

HTML can be included yes, i've just noticed a bug appear where the text before the countdown is not removed when the countdown finishes. This will be fixed in the next update.

7. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

One more thing to consider: Time zones. This doesn't state what time zone the countdown is counting in. But even without that this is very cool!

8. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Very cool. Can we have some additional placement options? For example, in the sidebar.

9. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

It uses your server time at this moment in time, i will certainly take a look at other options though.

This will be added in a future update :)

ArnyVee likes this.
  10. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I figured it used server time, but this is not necessarily clear to the users.

11. eransss

eransss Active Member

I am having a problem with it i found a bug for some reason it is only showing NaN how do i fix that? i did go and change time and all that and i changed the color too

12. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

That means Not a Number, can you provide a screenshot of the settings you have configured?

13. eransss

eransss Active Member

[​IMG]

14. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Hmm, i just duplicated your settings at my end and it worked fine, it may be another addon causing issues, however i will be releasing 1.1.0 tomorrow at some point which involves quite a lot of code changes, so if you hold off until then, grab the update and let me know how it goes.

15. eransss

eransss Active Member

ok sounds good

16. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Update may be slightly delayed, testing has revealed some clashes with the new countdown code and other jQuery elements that Xenforo uses. Hopefully get it all fixed asap.

17. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Kinetic updated Kinetic Countdown [Javascript/Customizable] with a new update entry:

Kinetic Countdown [Javascript/Customizable]

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

All bugs fixed, if you come across any problems, let me know!

19. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Can the countdown appear on a horizontal banner on top of the screen like this?
    http://browser-update.org/#

20. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Yeh different locations will be included in a future update.

Andy.N and ArnyVee like this.