KIERS ONLINE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take it too seriously guys - it's just a bit of fun for gawds sake!! :ROFLMAO:

Kier's just a busy guy with lots to do. It's okay and it's not the end of the world he isn't posting here, and if you think about the size of his to-do list he could stay logged out for next year and still not get everything into XF that people have asked for - never mind the things he wants to do with it.

Let's just treat this and other threads lightly - as a way of passing time until Kier's ready to pop back and tell us all what he's been up to (which I'm sure he will because he's nice like that :p ).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

PS. I am not Kier! (just to clarify ... :ROFLMAO: )

It's about me or it's because Kier that the script it isn't getting updated?
(comparing to the time other forum scripts are updated that is about once a month)

(comparing to the time other forum scripts are updated that is about once a month)
It's so good it doesn't need fixing !
Seriously vB4 should have daily updates if they took things seriously.

teeth.were.photoshopped.webp

Those teeth were photoshopped.

XF needs to read up on this stuff:
http://bernsteincrisismanagement.com/docs/the_biggest_mistakes_in_crisis_communications.html

No kidding. Check out numbers 1,7,9

No one can tell XF how to do their job, but the problem with situations like this is that no action or reaction (as opposed to being proactive) can do great harm.

Personally, I don't care if Kier is doing a 45 day silent meditation retreat. I have a friend who does that. Or, if he is burnt out - heck, I would be if I went through the past couple years of stress and hard work that he has.

But not addressing it in a careful manner is not a feather in the cap of the team.
Please don't stir this up again. Mike already said what needed to be said–no one needs to know anything beyond what he said. XenForo is fine and progressing (recent bug fixes and Resource Manager changes are a sign of that if you need the obvious pointed out), and Kier's brief absence is nothing to get all flustered over.
Primary focus is on 1.2 and the Resource Manager it seems. Mike did quite a bit of bug fixing recently that will be in 1.1.3 or 1.2, whichever comes first. Either way, there aren't many bugs that are extremely problematic so super-frequent updates are unnecessary.

It's incredibly shocking–near insulting even–how everyone seems to play Kier as being the sole driving force behind XenForo and cast Mike aside. He's been around posting and working on things as usual, perhaps a bit more noticeably, but that's hardly a sign XenForo is suddenly in jeopardy of some kind. If Mike had been the one to be away for a while I doubt people would get as worked up over it as they have about Kier and that's unfortunate.

Now can we grow up and move on please? :cautious:

David, first thread got closed, the other discussion thread yesterday, .. CLEArLY they can't grow up.

So, respect for the team is clearly out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom