Kier I blamed you!

When I gave up photography 6 years ago after my divorce, I sold 5 camera bodies, god-only-knows how many lenses, zooms, 3 tripods, 4 sets of studio lights, 13 backgrounds, strobes, filters, etc.
It is an expensive "hobby" for sure. But one that brings much satisfaction.
That sound about right, right now I've got 8 camera bodies (3 film, 5 digital), 10 lenses, 3 tripods, a mono pod, enough studio strobes/lights to light the dark side of the moon, assorted stands, brackets, cords, cables, backgrounds, filters, two light meters, a color meter, pocket wizards, and various other trinkets and trash.

Edit: I should add, photography is a very enjoyable, rewarding and often painfully expensive hobby and/or profession. I not sure, but if I add up everything I've spent photography over the years it'll probably exceed the gross domestic product of some small third world countries! :D

From my first chance to play about with it
DSC00152 [forum].webp

Thats Kaiser ... Will see if I can get a pic of Kimba our other later ..... If I can get the git to stay in one place or at least be moving toward me lol

haha, it can be challenging to photograph pets, especially in low light if your not going to use a flash. A correct exposure is a simple combination of three important factors: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. Obviously there are a tone of factors but just keep that in mind :)

Lytro: The camera that could change photography forever
Have you ever taken a picture that would have been great if only it were in focus? Of course you have. So have we, countless times. But those days may soon be past all of us with the introduction of Lytro, an entirely new kind of camera that allows users to completely change the focus of a picture after the shutter clicks. And, according to AllThingsD, this next-generation camera will be available before the end of the year.

Looks pretty cool... :)

http://www.lytro.com/picture_gallery

I have a nikon D3000 and im looking to upgrade. so the qestion is which camera is better?

Canon vs. Nikon and why?
They're both good... Personally, I'm a Nikon guy, I've been using Nikon gear ever since I bought my first used F2 about 30 years ago, so I'd go with Nikon.

If you have have a D3000 and a couple Nikon lenses I'd suggest trading in your D3000 body in for a D5100 or D7000 body.

I have a D90 from several years ago and I still love it! I primarily shoot Canon but if you can pick up a D90 on the used market for a reasonable price, go for it. You are correct though, it has been discontinued.

It took me only 3 wedding shoots and half dozen portrait sessions to recoup my initial cash outlay for my photography equipment.
After that, a portion of my profits were set aside for any other equipment I just "had" to have. :)

Of course, I didn't get anywhere near what I paid, when I sold it all.

Top Bottom