kicked out admin panel constantly

Jduranti

Affected version
v2.2.15
Hey guys

I’m trying to set up my forum that I just installed yesterday, I’m running xenforo v2.2.15 on my site gummyshoe.net and every time I do something in the admin panel I get kicked out and it brings me back to the xenforo login page. Sometimes it works if I just reload the page a couple times, other times it requires me to actually enter the login again.

1710337598942.webp

Also while hitting ‘save’ or ‘add’ or whatever I’m working on in the panel, I get errors like “this action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in. Please reload the page.” It’s weird because it will work if I press the save button a couple more times and just ignoring the error.

Resolved! Another issue I’m having is the landing page. When I go to the default url “gummyshoe.net” or whatever, it brings me to the index of files, where I have to click the folder in order to be brought to the real home page, which is found at “gummyshoe.net/forum”

1710337819394.webp

I’m new to websites and would love some assistance fixing this.

Last edited:
Another issue I’m having is the landing page. When I go to the default url “gummyshoe.net” or whatever, it brings me to the index of files, where I have to click the folder in order to be brought to the real home page, which is found at “gummyshoe.net/forum”
Can u try to change "Home page URL" option from "/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/" page? also change "Board URL" option too.

Can u try to change "Home page URL" option from "/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/" page? also change "Board URL" option too.
That makes it so that when I click ‘Home’ it leads to the correct page (/forum instead of just gummyshoe.net). I’m assuming I would need to set up a redirect in cPanel to have gummyshoe.net redirect to gummyshoe.net/forum automatically. I’ll keep you updated if that fixes it.

Edit: just adding a redirect from my host fixed that issue.

I’m running xenforo v2.2.15 on my site gummyshoe.net and every time I do something in the admin panel I get kicked out and it brings me back to the xenforo login page. Sometimes it works if I just reload the page a couple times, other times it requires me to actually enter the login again.

1710337598942.webp

Also while hitting ‘save’ or ‘add’ or whatever I’m working on in the panel, I get errors like “this action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in. Please reload the page.” It’s weird because it will work if I press the save button a couple more times and just ignoring the error.

I’m going to contact my host, maybe that is the issue

By default, your session is tied to your IP address. If your IP address is changing (like you are on a cell network or flipping back and forth between cell/wifi), you will get logged out whenever your IP changes. You can alter that behavior with a config.php edit. See:

Top Bottom