1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep getting kicked out of admin panel

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Russ, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hello :),

I have a development website up and running, and for the first time I'm having issues on the admin panel. I've had other installations of XF running on the same hosting and haven't had issues.

Shared Hosting(Simple reseller)
    I've tried the htaccess I think Andy ran into a similar problem, I have friendly urls enabled, and this part in my htaccess to make sure the www isn't an issue:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^website\.com$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://website.com/$1 [R=301,L]
        #    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    Of course my domain with the correct path.

Heath check passes fine, when I am logged out of the admin screen, I'll go to another tab, pull up the site and will still be logged in fine on the site.

The log outs are completely random, I'll be working on templates, next click BAM, logged out, I usually have to log back in 3 times for the admin panel to even open again(it just refreshes the login page a few times usually).

Thanks ahead of time, didn't want to piggy back off that thread here
    Steve F likes this.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Do you have ACP installed Russ? It may not be the case but I had a similar run in where the session settings were wrong and I got 'kicked out'

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

You haven't password protected your admin.php with .htpasswd via .htaccess have you? I've seen people complain of similar behaviour when they do this.
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I originally had the entire directory password protected, then when I noticed the behavior I thought it was linked to it so I removed it a few days ago, still happening.
  6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Have you done a CTRL+F5 forced refresh - just to make sure you aren't loading a cached .htaccess file?
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yep, plenty of times and also happening with the other member of staff as well. I also tried a different browser still having the same problems :(
  8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hey Jake, read through that thread before I posted this one but still having issues.

Step 1.) Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Options -> Online Status Timeout

This one is sort of void since I will be actively working on the website and then all of a sudden be logged out of JUST admin panel.

Step 2.)A problem with cookie scope due to inconsistent forum links.

I added the Rewrite condition to the htaccess and have friendly urls enabled

Step 3.) "REMOTE_ADDR" - shows my correct ip

Step 4.) don't have any APC/ memcache installed on the server nor am I able to get it on my current hosting plan.

Any other ideas at all?
  10. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the problem readily reproducible? If so then send me a URL and admin login and I can take a look.