KH-Flare

Amaury

We've just released our custom style on the site, so what better time to create a thread here than now?

About:
KH-Flare is currently a small community about Kingdom Hearts, but like any site, it's not strictly for discussions on the game.

Any feedback is more than welcome!

http://www.kh-flare.net/

4.0.webp

As mentioned in the announcement thread over there, some things still need to be adjusted or fixed, but the style is essentially 100% done. Also, I only did the basic design, and major credit goes to @Nights and @mistypants, who both have done an amazing job!

I've been visiting KH-Flare every now and then out of curiosity and it seems to have come a long way.

It does seem very quiet at the moment though, and two of your sections (HD 1.5 and HD 2.5) haven't had new posts since 2012-2013 - might be worth consolidating those sections into a general Kingdom Hearts game discussion section.

Also wondering if you have considered using XFMG or XenGallery to add some Kingdom Hearts related media? That may spruce activity up.

It does seem very quiet
i agree, seems maybe you need to advertise, show more media to liven it up possible. I remember this forum a little more than a year ago when I was first starting with Xenforo. Seems like very little or no activity. I realize you're in a very competitive niche but maybe do something to make it grow. However I just clicked on the domain and it appears it has expired, have you thrown in the towel on this forum

I've been caught like this before, always good to renew the domain early and not wait until the last minute. I'm still showing your site as down

Weird that it was working for me and one of our members as well.

In any case, @Nights has been a busy bee, so he hasn't really had time to do anything.

Edit: Of course now it's not working for me. o.O

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can no longer update the OP, but here's an updated screenshot of KH-Flare 2014 (then known as KH-Flare 4.0) and a screenshot of its color palette:

KHF 2014 1.webp

KHF 2014 2.webp

As you can see, it's changed quite a bit since the screenshot in the OP. We're not your typical site, where we release a style and it's done and the only changes we make are bug fixes, such as hard to see text. No, we'll keep tweaking things, such as changing the logo or using an entirely different color for some areas.

And here are screenshots of KH-Flare 2015 and its color palette.

KHF 2015 1.webp

KHF 2015 2.webp

For both styles, if you browse through the site, you can pretty much see where each of those color palette items are used. For example, @inlineMod is for all hover backgrounds on KH-Flare 2014, whereas on KH-Flare 2015, @inlineMod and @primaryLight share that role due to the different text colors--headings use white while everything else uses gray.

@Optic, @MQK8, if you're interested. ;)

@Optic, we're aware. (Although it is loading more styled than that for me.) It's still appreciated, though. :)

Yesterday, @The Forum Heroes moved KHV to a new server to (hopefully) permanently resolve issues with emails that we've also been having, and since we're both with him, KHF also got moved. We're just waiting for the DNS to clear and update.

We regret to announce that KH-Flare will be shutting down around the end of day—probably around 11:30 PM (PT)—on September 30, 2017. The decision stems from the fact that we literally have no activity, and if there isn't going to be any activity, then the costs of the running the site are not justified. Truth be told, this is a decision that should have been made a long time ago, perhaps even before we made the move from vBulletin to XenForo on January 1, 2014, though back then, we at least had some activity. However, even that wasn't a lot of activity. Earlier in the vBulletin days, we did at least have a few members being active, but that eventually changed, even long before we changed the forum software. Currently, it's really only me and one of our moderators who are regularly online, and even I this year so far have had frequent periods of not being online for a while. Posting-wise, it's just me posting that a new XenForo version has been released or whatever. We did get one new member a while ago who said hello and the like, but that's still not enough to justify the costs. As @Nights is the one who takes care of most of the costs, he can't really afford the costs, though if the site were more active, he wouldn't mind as much and would make it work somehow.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry to see you have to shut your site down Amaury. Hopefully you can find a new more active topic of interest to dedicate your admin skills to in the future.

The site isn't actually mine. @Sean B. is the owner who founded the site on August 30, 2011, and I joined shortly after on September 10, 2011. As I had knowledge on the workings of vBulletin's style variables and the like, I was made administrator shortly thereafter to help with styling of the site among other things.

Due to our owner having account issues by not being able to remember his login information, I regretfully announce that KH-Flare, as of July 2, is dead earlier than expected. Our grace period expired and it's not worth it to renew the hosting at a higher price if we're just going to shut it down on September 30, anyway.

How this will affect my activity here I don't know yet. I know I haven't been very active in general this year, but it's not because of any particular reason, because even while in college, I can still be online a lot. For now, XenForo Community will be still be a homepage tab and I'll still be around. I don't really ever plan on leaving per se and will still help where I can.

Top Bottom