1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Keep getting signed out

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Nicholas Fell, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

Hi,

Sometimes when I refresh or navigate around our forum it signs me out. It doesn't appear to happen to other users on the forum, and to my knowledge no changes have been done which could make this happen.

I have deleted my cookies, cache and session storage to check that it's not just a xf_session problem, but it still happens.

My xf_session cookie is being set and I can see it in the database. I also use CloudFlare however I have added:
    Code:
    if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; }

to the top of my config (obviously below <?php) and this seemed to have fixed it a while back, but it keeps happening again.

Any help? Please... :cry:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it is the site in your customer account, it is available at both www and non-www.

You need to force it to one or the other.
    See the FAQ in my signature for how to do that.

Nicholas Fell likes this.
  3. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

Thanks for your help! But which guide would that be sorry :oops:

4. Brogan

5. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

6. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

After doing so, your next step would be to make sure to clear your browser cache, cookies, and to restart your browser.

7. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

I'll try that now. Thank you :)

8. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

While you all have been very helpful, this is still occurring :( It only appears to be happening on my computer which is running Chrome 40.0.2214.111 m. I don't get logged out of my phone which is also running the Chrome browser. It only appears to be the 1 site which I get logged out. Other Xenforo sites work fine.

EDIT: I have set my inactive time to 60 minutes and it still happens. I have clicked the "Stay logged in"/"Remember me" button (can't remember its actual name).

9. Brogan

If it's only happening on one site and from one device then that would suggest a browser issue, or possibly ISP.

Log out of the forum, clear all cache, ensure cookies are allowed for the site in question, log back in and check the 'remember me' box.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Have you cleared the cache and cookies?

Have you tested it on the same computer using a different browser?

11. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

I have cleared my cache and cookies. I will try on internet explorer :eek:

12. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

Okay - so. I have logged in via IE something (11? I think) and it keeps my logged in. However in Chrome it logs me out.

13. Brogan

That's a local browser issue then.

You will need to carry out the steps I posted above.

14. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

Cleared everything and all cookies are allowed. I even made an exception in Chrome to allow them specifically however I still get signed out. IE is fine.

15. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Kind of a silly question, are you using incognito mode?

16. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

I'm not :/ It logs me out just be refreshing the page.

17. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

That is fairly weird, have you tried clearing all of your site cookies under chrome?

18. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

Yep. This couldn't happen to be a bug in Chrome? I'm running Chrome 40 and it appears to only happen in Chrome.

19. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Are you running any Chrome extensions? May be worth disabling them all and testing again.

20. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member