Other Just wondering if anybody has plans for implementing the use of Audio

oO5 Dynasty

So i was wondering if the xenforo team or any other developer was looking in to developing a way for us to implement the use of Audio in to our websites. This is a feature i am truly a advocate for, and would love to see developed. I was looking more towards Member Profile pages, so our members can liven up their pages with some audio to go along with their other content. Since my site is more for promoting peoples content, this would be an excellent way for Artist to Promote their music right on their profile page, when people visit their profile. So I'm just wondering if this is in the works by anybody?

This seems like something rather niche related. It might be better to create a thread in the custom development section and attempt to hire someone to make it specifically for you. Just my opinion of course.

Pretty niche.

this would be an excellent way for Artist to Promote their music right on their profile page, when people visit their profile.
You might consider tweaking the Resource Manager for audio uploads.
and then uploads would appear automatically
https://xenforo.com/community/members/daniel-hood.5749/#resources/ (click resources).

of course for those with XFMG
Your member card has a link
upload_2015-10-28_17-16-30.webp
as well.
XFMG has a link to the user gallery from the Profile page.
upload_2015-10-28_17-20-6.webp

I am waiting for Audio media to arrive on XFMG. From there it will be easy to get a media player addon for profiles.
I don't think its niche. It has been a popular function for decades on vbulletin (addons). It just hasn't arrived for xenforo yet.

This seems like something rather niche related. It might be better to create a thread in the custom development section and attempt to hire someone to make it specifically for you. Just my opinion of course.

I just posted this info to see if anybody had this in mind, or was working on it already. I already know how to contact developers to acquire about custom work. Just makes sense to see if others are working on this first.

I get that. I didn't mean to imply I thought you were wrong for doing so. Was just trying to help you get going in the right direction.

I don't think its niche. It has been a popular function for decades on vbulletin (addons). It just hasn't arrived for xenforo yet.

In a way it is niche. It could be use either for artists to upload their own music, or for people to upload other people's music. The latter would often involve copyright issues, hence people may prefer a Soundcloud embed.

Following thread. I'm also looking for something like this.

I run 3 music forums / social networks, and i would really like to allow the members to have a "band profile page" similar to facebook or myspace, where they could also upload songs of their band and post updates using XenForo member profiles which are already very social network oriented.

Top Bottom