Just wanted to thank xF for conversation storage!

frm

I thought I had backed up all necessary files, but I was missing one of the most important files for my site: My touched up logo by none other than @ForumCube, which I'm completely satisfied with by the way.

I was running a MacBook Air and was forced to do a hard restart. On boot, the hard drive was inaccessible and unable to mount or even retrieve data at the Genius Bar (they wanted $410 to replace a 128gb SSD on a laptop essentially worth $600 [2015 model]), which I opted out and switched back to Windows for a 6 core processor that is more than capable of image and video editing (no more 20-40 minutes 1080p video exports).

For the most part, I have everything, personal and business related. I would've loved to retain my password keychain since I'm going site by site trying to determine passwords and/or reset them (I will find another solution for this later so it doesn't happen again).

I appreciate the storage that xF gives members for private conversations, even if it's only around 3MB cause it saved my butt just in case they had lost it too.

Lesson learned and now automatic saves on a network hard-drive device and some cloud services.

mate you need to use something like Dashlane to store all your passwords, and you shouldnt be using the same passwords on different sites, its a classic mistake people make.. I also use roboform on another computer and I find both pretty good.

A password manager would be both convenient and secure. I use LastPass. I've heard Dashlane is good as well.

Top Bottom