Just want to say I really like the skinning engine.

Dragapult

It's exactly what I've wanted in a product... A very, very easy way to mass generate a bunch of skins that are just color variations of the default. Since I've had the product, I've already generated close to 20 skins, one for every color of the rainbow, then ones based on various shades of black, gray, white, aqua, etc.

It's minor, but I really like it. Good work.

Don't forget this is still Beta and the Announcement did state that they weren't able to finalise the Style Properties system fully.

Due to unforseen circumstances, we have been unable to move portions of the CSS that drives the XenForo style into the Style Properties system as planned. However, this task is near the top of our priority list and we expect the style to be fully propertised in the next beta release, which we will make in the coming days.

As a result, we would advise customers to play with the style system in order to familiarize themselves with its workings, but to be aware that the underlying CSS will be changing in significant ways in the very near future.

I too also really like to styling engine. It's was a little difficult to find stuff at first and I'm still have trouble arranging things certain ways but I've only had a little time to play with it so far.

By far my favorite part is the color palette. I love being able to put the colors I want to use in there, and then not having to worry about trying to find the HEX value again when I need it as long as I have to color palette properties open. I am really excited to make a style that uses the style properties system and that's completely customizable through the ACP.

It's exactly what I've wanted in a product... A very, very easy way to mass generate a bunch of skins that are just color variations of the default. Since I've had the product, I've already generated close to 20 skins, one for every color of the rainbow, then ones based on various shades of black, gray, white, aqua, etc.

It's minor, but I really like it. Good work.

Any forum software that doesn't have this feature is obsolete :)

I love the skinning engine. It's so easy to use. I've experimented with loads of colours and noticed that at a very basic level, if I choose green as a theme for example, the colours selected are a match shade for shade with the original. Very neat!

One thing I would like to see, though, is an easier way to make dark skins. Currently, you can invert the the colors, but the color sliders do not have white and black hues on either ends. That's something I'd like to see added so it's much quicker to generate a black/grayscaled skin.

Top Bottom