1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Just want to check

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by New Joe, Sep 25, 2014.

1. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

I know I asked this in another Thread but just wanted to check.

So I installed Xenforo with a data base.
    I will do the import from vB 4 for the data base

I just want to check that all that does is import the table into the Xenforo database?
    Basically not effecting the vB 4 database at all, that will still be in tack and usable just the same after doing the import?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The source database is unaffected by an import.

New Joe likes this.
  3. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

I thought as much, but always good to check and maybe good for others if reading this
    Thanks Brogan...

4. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

A new question.

Say I do a test import to see how it all goes, then I want to delete all the boards and users before doing the real import am I right there is no mass delete for boards or members?
    Do I have to delete everything one by one?

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

No you want to start with a new database to import into. Once the import is done, then you will make modifications.

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

The only issue I ran into when I imported from vB4 were duplicate emails. In XenForo duplicate emails are not allowed, so before you import I suggest you check for any duplicate emails in your vB4 forum.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I did link you in your other thread to the best method for doing an import, but you dismissed it.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-customizing-before-import.83570/#post-830304

New Joe likes this.
  8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

@New Joe I'd highly recommend following the guide that @Brogan linked to. It makes the process so much easier. I used this when I imported my forum.

New Joe likes this.
  9. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Everyone has to start somewhere :)