1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just migrated! PhysicsForums.com

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by dethfire, Sep 20, 2014.

1. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looking good :D, I know you've been excited to do this so congrats on the move. I see a few minor things I can touch up but the users seem to be taking the change quite well overall.

dethfire likes this.
  3. dethfire

Thanks Russ. http://www.pixelexit.com did a wonderful job. I highly recommend them!

Steve F likes this.
  4. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the move :)

dethfire likes this.
  5. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Wow, very nice site! Very well done and informative site. You guys are very smart too. :) Russ does some of the best work Ive seen . Congrats !

dethfire likes this.
  6. rveram

rveram Member

Welcome to the club, nice site!!!

dethfire likes this.
  7. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

Love the style on that forum good looking.

dethfire likes this.
  8. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

I saw the site last night on my phone. But funny enough I ended up on the site just now looking something up. Never been there before you started preparing for your migration. Kind of funny to find myself on it all of a sudden.

dethfire likes this.
  9. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

I believe that's one of Russ's styles, top of the line styles.

10. emmy

emmy Active Member

Great job. I like the look and very easy to navigate - i will be coming here for my physics homeworks:)

dethfire likes this.
  11. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome to the community :)

dethfire likes this.
  12. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Looks good. Congrats!

dethfire likes this.
  13. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the move, your skin looks amazing, I love the minimalistic approach to it, nice work!

dethfire likes this.
  14. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Just ended up on the site a few moments ago and really like the upgrade - looks great! Good work :).

dethfire likes this.
  15. Andre Daub

Andre Daub Member

Very nice. Style is awesome. Is this a addon for showing a thread on top of forumhome?

dethfire likes this.
  16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

dethfire and Andre Daub like this.
  17. dethfire

Thanks all! It's been almost a week! I've had my share of problems (mostly to admin error), but right now things are moving smoothly and I am so thrilled to be using a supported platform with a wonderful admin community!

Steve F likes this.
  18. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Every time I've seen your domain I've read it as "psychics forums" not "physics forums". First time I've clicked it, it's looking really good and I like the real topic better than the one I imagined. lol

The breadcrumb in the footer doesn't seem right.

https://www.physicsforums.com/members/?type=staff at the very bottom. The top one looks nice but this one just seems like it was thrown there.

dethfire likes this.
  19. dethfire

You're right. Should be inside the element. Thanks!

Daniel Hood likes this.
  20. cdub

cdub Well-Known Member

The site looks good. I'm seriously looking into integrating the featured threads.

However if I may give one critique... the advertisement within the thread is a huge turnoff to me. I'd consider changing the ad placement.

dethfire likes this.