• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Just Installed Elasticsearch, Unable to Rebuild Search index

XxUnkn0wnxX

i get this error when i try to rebuild the index:

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch indexing failed. See the server error log for more details. - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:1098
Generated By: XxAdminxX, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(76): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError(Object(stdClass), Array)
#1 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Search/Indexer.php(125): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet()
#2 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php(76): XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet()
#3 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute(Array, Array, 5.8576600551605, '')
#4 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 5.8576600551605, '', false)
#5 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 5.8576610088348, '', false)
#6 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(352): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, 5.8576610088348)
#7 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(131): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun(true)
#8 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(639): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Admin), Array)
#9 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#10 /home/Admin/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(61) "https://portalcentric.net/forums/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["redirect"] => string(66) "https://portalcentric.net/forums/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
Code:
An exception occurred: Elasticsearch indexing failed. See the server error log for more details. in /home/Admin/public_html/forums/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php on line 1098

XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 76
    XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 125
    XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
    XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 131
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13
Here is My Config Info: my Elasticsearch server configured properly?

And Yes its Enabled & service is running

Code:
curl -XGET 'localhost:9200'
{
  "name" : "Sundragon",
  "cluster_name" : "Xenportal",
  "cluster_uuid" : "IYRff-0tTgKHtPYjmYgUTA",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "2.4.1",
    "build_hash" : "c67dc32e24162035d18d6fe1e952c4cbcbe79d16",
    "build_timestamp" : "2016-09-27T18:57:55Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "5.5.2"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

XxUnkn0wnxX

What is in the server error log?
you mean the error_log file found in the root of the forums folder or an error log in the actual server /var/log?

the error_log file in root forum folder doesnt contain anything

I already posted the error logs I got from Xenforo

Last edited:

XxUnkn0wnxX

this is from the /var/log/elasticsearch/Xenportal.log

https://gist.github.com/XxUnkn0wnxX/f07faa5eead0dc84174e46987310a416

had to post in there because Xenforo say to many characters.

reading over long I think it permission / ownership issues and I'm not sure how to fix I already set the /var/elasticsearch folder to chown -R elasticsearch:elasticsearch /var/elasticsearch

and chmod 755 the folder

Any Clues on how to fix?

Edit: Fixed it

had to do

sudo chmod 755 -R /var/elasticsearch
sudo chown elasticsearch:elasticsearch -R /var/elasticsearch

also I changed the index name to lowercase

either it was the sudo before commands or the changing to lowercase that fixed it.

Last edited: