Just imported 7 million posts

dawg

In about ten hours. Using only the web browser. Not to shabby. The folks here at xenforo have just about covered everything. No fuss no stress.

The last straw for me dumping vbulletin was i asked a question on their forums and was told my problem is that i am too lazy to upgrade. Well guess what? I am not to lazy to switch software completely. :)

I wanted to share this because i have searched and searched on Big forums converting using only the built in converter. Well i did it. I thought about getting the big board converter but i have to watch my pennies.

Thank you guys for all the hard work.

Dawg, welcome to XF.

10 hours! :eek: Did your browser session survive the entire time or did you have to restart it along the way?

Congratulations :)
Thank you. I saw all the info about you and the importer. It's nice to know you provide services just in case. Like I said, you guys have covered all bases.

Now if rebuilding the search index would just finish lol.

The web based importer is fully capable of importing any sized forum, its just a time issue :)

Dawg, welcome to XF.

10 hours! :eek: Did your browser session survive the entire time or did you have to restart it along the way?
I imported all the stuff i could first then started the posts went to bed woke up and it was done lol.

The web based importer is fully capable of importing any sized forum, its just a time issue :)
When i was in the testing phase i tried to backup my huge vbulletin database and do it locally. Nothing i found would dump the database, i tried mysqldumber, big dump. At that point i said lets give the web browser a shot lol.

I dont want to close my forum so i will lose a day or two of posts but i dont care, we already have 7 million, i dont think we will miss them.

When i was in the testing phase i tried to backup my huge vbulletin database and do it locally. Nothing i found would dump the database, i tried mysqldumber, big dump
Once you'll try SypexDumper you won't abandon it :P

Top Bottom