1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got this error; and entire site seems to be down...

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by andrewkm, Oct 28, 2012.

1. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

Any idea what this could be?
    All I see at the site is the following:

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_33ec_0.MYI' (Errcode: 28) in /home/andymidu/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentSlider.php at line 22
    5. EWRporta_Block_RecentSlider->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
    6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
    7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/andymidu/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The /tmp directory on your server is full. Contact your host about this. And consider turning off your forum until this is fixed.

HWS likes this.
  3. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

Im not running on a managed service. I have access to cpanel, whm and ssh right at the moment and am succesfully logged in. Can you possibly tell me what I should take a look at?

4. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

rm -rf /tmp/*
    fixed my problem immediately... but do you have any idea why this happened in the first place and how to prevent it in the future?

5. Jake Bunce

6. Jake Bunce

That will empty the /tmp directory. But if it's too small for your usage then you can expect the error to happen again.

HWS likes this.
  7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

HWS likes this.
  8. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

Looks like it was nginx. For some reason nginx debug mode was on. Its now turned off and all seems fine / tmp size seems under control.

Jake Bunce likes this.