1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just BS Converted to Xenforo

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by AWS, Nov 25, 2011.

1. AWS

AWS Well-Known Member

I have converted Just BS to Xenforo with the help of Mike who fixed an issue I had while importing.

I am using a style similar to one I used on the site before the upgrade to IPB 3.2.

Without further ado I give you

Just BS - The Ultimate Chat and Debate Forum

Dan, dieketzer, Mike and 2 others like this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

You should turn on friendly url.

3. AWS

AWS Well-Known Member

Can't. For some reason I can't get the style to work with them on. I've played with the rules and no matter what it's a no go.

I have an upgrade to isapi rewrite that will correct the problem, but, friendly url's aren't really that important anyway.

4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Congrats on the move :)

5. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Not bad, I saw the site before running IPB and liked the style used. But it looks better on XenForo, also looks like you've made it lighter in certain areas. Wasn't it all "Black" coloured before.

The forum seems faster too.

6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Looks good - how's the feedback from your members about the change?

7. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club of proud xenforo users(y)

8. AWS

AWS Well-Known Member

Feedback is good so far. A couple members said they like the change. The real test is when the members from Australia, New Zealand, UK and other nether reaches of the globe hit the site later tonight. They are very critical of change and almost tarred and feathered me when I switched to IPB.

I have noticed that traffic is up. Of course it's only been a day and I suspect it's the url changes and redirects getting hammered by the SE's.

Lisa likes this.