Not a bug IPB's nobbc code not converted to icode

Black Tiger

Affected version
Invision forum uses by default the nobbc code in their editor to prevent conversion.
For example, you want to show how to place something between img code tags but don't want it converted to a real image link.

It's like the icode plain tag here on Xenforo.

At this moment, the nobbc code is not converted in any way and so now the [nobbc] and [/nobbc] is just visible like this.

This code should however be converted to the [icode] and [/icode] tags.

This code should however be converted to the [plain] and [/plain] tags.

Last edited:
Invision forum uses by default the nobbc code in their editor to prevent conversion.
For example, you want to show how to place something between img code tags but don't want it converted to a real image link.

It's like the icode plain tag here on Xenforo.

At this moment, the nobbc code is not converted in any way and so now the [nobbc] and [/nobbc] is just visible like this.

This code should however be converted to the [icode] and [/icode] tags.

This code should however be converted to the [plain] and [/plain] tags.
I've tested this on an IPS 4.4 database I have lying around and I'm not actually seeing a scenario where [nobbc] actually works.

Are you able to verify this isn't coming from some sort of add-on? Or that you're referring to a particularly old version?

I believe IPS still supports converting certain BB code to formatting as:

Code:
This is [b]bold[/b].

Does correctly convert to:

This is bold.

But this:

Code:
[nobbc]This is [b]bold[/b].[/nobbc]

Actually converts to:

[nobbc]This is bold.[/nobbc]

Therefore even in IPS [nobbc] is shown in posts where it is used.

If we can track down whether this is a function that still exists and confirm I'm trying to use it in the same way then we can consider adding support for that.

It's not an addon. But I can confirm it's not working.
I had another search and check for it and it seems the [nobbc][/nobbc] was coming from SMF which I had running before.
Seems the IPB convertor did not convert this.

So it's not a Xenforo importer bug.

Top Bottom