Just a question

Cees50

Hi all,

On my board i see a lot of url's of pics to other boards. Yeah, i see the pictures but....My problem with that is that the user is being redirect after clicking on the picture to the other board. And that is not what i want.

Another problem is the thing of copyright. The board were the url is pointing to, screams very loud in the tos that everything on the board is copyrighted and that nothing blablabla...

Is there a way to prevent this other then just write that it isnt alowed to do so? Or how do you do things like that???

Hi all,

On my board i see a lot of url's of pics to other boards. Yeah, i see the pictures but....My problem with that is that the user is being redirect after clicking on the picture to the other board. And that is not what i want.

Another problem is the thing of copyright. The board were the url is pointing to, screams very loud in the tos that everything on the board is copyrighted and that nothing blablabla...

Is there a way to prevent this other then just write that it isnt alowed to do so? Or how do you do things like that???
Sounds like spam to me.

I had a user do the same thing once. Full size attachments with a link under it. People would click on the photo to get a better view and be directed to their site. It's even more obvious of the other forum is about the same thing your site is.

I'd add their domain name to your censor list

AdminCP > Options > Censoring

Send them a friendly PM telling them that they're not allowed to "spam" your site with their forum link (but say it politely on the small off chance that they were not trying to be rude). I would also "peek in" on your PM's. I know that may sound "taboo" to a few people, but I speak from experience.

You can do so by installing this
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tlk-readpc.108/

They copying the page and paste it in to the board. I dont want the links to the other boards (simular boards) So if they copy and paste the picture with link, it shouldnt be possible to paste that link. But it may not affect the movies from youtube or other vid sites...

They copying the page and paste it in to the board. I dont want the links to the other boards (simular boards) So if they copy and paste the picture with link, it shouldnt be possible.
Could be spam or could be on of those people who simply like to copy and paste everything. Either way I would tell them privately and politely have them not to keep posting that link. If they can't respect that, they're doing more harm than good and I would enter their domain in the censor list. If they continued, I'd ban them as a spammer.

Hi Adam,

The board were they copying from, is a vb board. And all the copys are post they made on that board. They move the posts to my board... so :D (they love XF,the board, and the way phow people are comunicating with each other and dont wanna go back to the other boards)

But they keep on copying the stuff, and dont upload the pictures on my board. SO if people click on the pictures they are redericting to the other site. And that is what i am trying to avoid...

Top Bottom