Just a few queries

wat3v3r

Alright I'm going to covert our vb4 forum to xen soon. But I wanted to get some things cleared before

- We've got close to 1M posts, how long should the importer take?
- VbSEO redirects?
- Are the user and forum permissions lost during the import?
- I'm currently traveling and I've got this unstable internet connection, if my connection disconnects during the import. Would I have to start all over again or I can resume? Or it would be better if I asked someone else to import the forum, with a stable connection.
- As we got vb4 suite, does the default importer cover CMS & Blog entries too? I do not mind if they are converted into a forum category.

vBSEO redirects will require .htacess redirects, but there are members here who can help.
The permissions are a best guess import, but you should still verify them.
You can resume an import, but it may be better to use a stable internet, where you can deal with any issues that arise.
No, CMS & Blogs are not imported.

The pre-sales FAQ in my signature has a screenshot of the official importer and what is imported.

You can use that to compare against third party importers to see what the differences are.

The pre-sales FAQ in my signature has a screenshot of the official importer and what is imported.

You can use that to compare against third party importers to see what the differences are.

Thanks looks good... I guess I can just re add the blog entries or CMS after the import.

Can you just tell me a rough estimate on how long will it take to import vb4 board with 1 million posts? I would have to accordingly plan the import then.

It varies based on server configuration, amount of data, etc. and I don't have any experience with vB imports.
Hopefully some converts will pitch in with their experiences.

It varies based on server configuration, amount of data, etc. and I don't have any experience with vB imports.
Hopefully some converts will pitch in with their experiences.

Alright well most of my queries have been answered, so thanks for your help.

Btw. to import avatars & attachments is it necessary for them to be in the database... as we store them in file system. Do they get imported easily? Couldn't find that in FAQ.

If you save the old database and store the import log, you should be able to import them once an official importer includes the functionality.

Ah that's alright we only got like 10-20 articles and blogs, we can just ask the bloggers to copy paste it after the import. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Top Bottom