1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judges detached from the reality of the modern world.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoctorWatsOn, Feb 8, 2011.

1. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

For some reason I’ve recently been reminded of this cracking sketch from ‘Not the Nine O'Clock News’, which used go out on BBC2 between 1979 & 1982 as a comedy "alternative" to the BBC Nine O'Clock News on BBC 1 – enjoy! [​IMG]

jmurrayhead, Caelum and MGSteve like this.
  2. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

lol, they don't make them like that any more.

Assuming you're in the UK, have you watched the 10 o'clock Live on Channel 4 on Thursdays? Its had the wife and I in stitches every time. Brilliant. It sort of reminded me of Not the 9 o'clock news, but is based on real-life news instead of made up news or sketches.

Marc, James, tickedon and 2 others like this.
  3. DoctorWatsOn

Somehow that has passed me by, not that I watch much TV anyway, but thanks for the heads up on that - I'll have to watch last week's episode on 4OnDemand tonight.
  4. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

God I love Rowan Atkinson... THE BLACKADDER!

Not so much a fan of Nick Carr.

I'm American.
    trilogy33 likes this.
  5. DoctorWatsOn

I had totally forgotten about this until earlier when looking for some good comedy on the excellent SeeSaw catch-up TV service - we are now watching the last four episodes, excellent stuff! :D
  6. tickedon

tickedon Active Member

Absolutely brilliant show - love it :)

In terms of judges, I must have been quite lucky in the ones I've met - majority/all have seemed pretty switched on and "normal". I wouldn't believe all the stereotypes!
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

This is ACE ...
  8. James

James Well-Known Member

MGSteve, I must thank you. I just watched the episode of 10 O'Clock Live from the 10th Feb and it's interesting. It reminds me of Mock the Week.