1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jQuery Pace (Youtube-like loading bar) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by katsulynx, Apr 27, 2015.

1. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

katsulynx submitted a new resource:

jQuery Pace Integration (Youtube-like loading bar) - Integrates the jQuery PaceLibrary by Zack Bloom to XenForo page load

Read more about this resource...

2. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Nice addon and working great in 1.4.6 [updated]
    there are some way to get rid the default loading gif in the top right corner --> [​IMG] <--
    Edit, got it:
    Code:
    /*bye bye facebook loading gif*/
    #AjaxProgress.xenOverlay .content {
    display: none;
    }

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    maszd likes this.
  3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a URL where this is working? I'd like to see it in action.

Thanks

4. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

This actually looks pretty sweet. I had pre-conceptions that this would be a render blocking script that showed a loading indicator minus any other content until the page has loaded - that approach I simply cannot stand and is so 90's so I am glad it doesnt operate in that way. You may want to address that in the description in case anyone else jumps to the same conclusion.

Nice mod, thanks.

6. katsulynx

Please note that the AddOn itself is not meant to replace the functionality of the default XenForo loader but to show the progress of the initial page load only.

Has been changed with update 1.1.0

7. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

May I have any example of this working ? Thanks !

8. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Daniel-SP likes this.
  9. katsulynx

Rafass was kind enough to post a working demo on a XenForo installation. You can also have a look at the addon at eager.io to simulate it on the page of your choice with the style of your choice. The default style that comes with the installation is “minimalistic“ in an orange color.

10. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

It seems it doesn't work for me.
    Maybe because of "defer JS"?

11. katsulynx

12. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

From memory, chrome on android already has a loading bar in the very top of the browser.... I've not checked yet but it may look weird having two?

13. katsulynx

Yes, Chrome Mobile comes with a default bar for page load only, Ajax Events are however not included. I'll probably think about a solution for that problem later this week.

otto likes this.
  14. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Just tested it and yes... it does look a little weird. Perhaps other browsers (mobile / desktop / tablet) also do this?

15. katsulynx

Desktop browsers normally stick with showing a loading cycle on the browser tab or the address bar.

16. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

17. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

Works great! To edit theme, search templates for "Pace" and replace contents. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  18. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

I noticed XF is still showing it's default internal loading icon underneath Pace. Any way to make it so ONLY the Pace one shows?

19. katsulynx

Add the following code to your Extra.css:

Code:
    body #AjaxProgress {
        display: none !important;
        opacity: 0;
        width: 0;
        height: 0;
    }

zoldos likes this.
  20. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

Okay cool, thanks! One more question, on my forum's home page, I noticed your mod will show the loading bar quite often, as if the forum keeps loading stuff in the background where as the built in AJAX loading icon doesn't. Any fix for this?