jQuery Pace (Youtube-like loading bar) [Deleted]

Lukas W.

katsulynx submitted a new resource:

jQuery Pace Integration (Youtube-like loading bar) - Integrates the jQuery PaceLibrary by Zack Bloom to XenForo page load

jQuery Pace Integration (Youtube-like loading bar)
Description

jQuery Pace is a free jQuery Plugin that hooks into your clients page and monitors the progress of loading all required files. Based on the percentual progress, a loading indicator is shown. The bar itself can be modified by css or replaced with available styles to look and feel completely different....

Read more about this resource...

Nice addon and working great in 1.4.6 [updated]
there are some way to get rid the default loading gif in the top right corner -->
ajaxload.info_FFFFFF_facebook.gif
<--
Edit, got it:
Code:
/*bye bye facebook loading gif*/
#AjaxProgress.xenOverlay .content {
display: none;
}

Last edited:
Does anyone have a URL where this is working? I'd like to see it in action.

Thanks

This actually looks pretty sweet. I had pre-conceptions that this would be a render blocking script that showed a loading indicator minus any other content until the page has loaded - that approach I simply cannot stand and is so 90's so I am glad it doesnt operate in that way. You may want to address that in the description in case anyone else jumps to the same conclusion.

Nice mod, thanks.

Nice addon and working great in 1.4.6
there are some way to get rid the default loading gif in the top right corner -->
ajaxload.info_FFFFFF_facebook.gif
<--

Please note that the AddOn itself is not meant to replace the functionality of the default XenForo loader but to show the progress of the initial page load only.

Has been changed with update 1.1.0

Last edited:
From memory, chrome on android already has a loading bar in the very top of the browser.... I've not checked yet but it may look weird having two?

From memory, chrome on android already has a loading bar in the very top of the browser.... I've not checked yet but it may look weird having two?

Yes, Chrome Mobile comes with a default bar for page load only, Ajax Events are however not included. I'll probably think about a solution for that problem later this week.

Just tested it and yes... it does look a little weird. Perhaps other browsers (mobile / desktop / tablet) also do this?

Works great! To edit theme, search templates for "Pace" and replace contents. :)

Last edited:
I noticed XF is still showing it's default internal loading icon underneath Pace. Any way to make it so ONLY the Pace one shows?

Add the following code to your Extra.css:

Code:
body #AjaxProgress {
    display: none !important;
    opacity: 0;
    width: 0;
    height: 0;
}

Okay cool, thanks! One more question, on my forum's home page, I noticed your mod will show the loading bar quite often, as if the forum keeps loading stuff in the background where as the built in AJAX loading icon doesn't. Any fix for this?

Top Bottom