Not a bug JQuery mask library conflict

grisha2217

Affected version
I have downloaded this library https://github.com/digitalBush/jquery.maskedinput

Usage: $("#date").mask("99/99/9999");

This script is good working when i'm opening a page. BUT! This script is not working when i'm opening a page through OverlayTrigger, getting error:

gJ9rDxt.jpg

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: a.mask.load is not a function
    at e.fn.init.a.fn.expose (jquery.xenforo.rollup.js?_v=dd916543:93)
    at v.load (jquery.xenforo.rollup.js?_v=dd916543:52)
    at XenForo.OverlayLoader.show (xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:5022)
    at XenForo.OverlayLoader.createOverlay (xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:5007)
    at XenForo.ExtLoader.success (xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:100)
    at XenForo.ExtLoader.callSuccess (xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:3160)
    at XenForo.ExtLoader.successCount (xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:3201)
    at xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:100
    at Object.success (xenforo.js?_v=dd91654324:3012)
    at j (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)

Is there quick solution to fix this?

There's really nothing that we can support here. I'd be surprised if it just didn't work, but it's also worth noting that the library itself is not maintained with its last update actually being over 3 years ago. It therefore has only been developed and tested up to jQuery 1.9 whereas XF 1.5 uses jQuery 1.11. And, of course, the web has changed a lot over that time so who knows whether it's actually being broken by some browser changes itself.

Even if there is some conflict within the library and our own code, this isn't something we're going to be in a position to resolve or support given the current status of XF 1.5.

There's really nothing that we can support here. I'd be surprised if it just didn't work, but it's also worth noting that the library itself is not maintained with its last update actually being over 3 years ago. It therefore has only been developed and tested up to jQuery 1.9 whereas XF 1.5 uses jQuery 1.11. And, of course, the web has changed a lot over that time so who knows whether it's actually being broken by some browser changes itself.

Even if there is some conflict within the library and our own code, this isn't something we're going to be in a position to resolve or support given the current status of XF 1.5.

Thanks for you reply, are you hinting to use another library for my task?

Top Bottom