XF 2.2 JoyPixels License

frm

Which license of JoyPixels comes with XenForo?

I'd like to download that pack of icons to make a new sprite image using different emojis for custom reactions if possible.

Solution
Pretty sure that anything you can download - for free - is covered by the license. It is only the static emoji images, though. You’re not permitted to use the animated ones or their other products without your own license.
Pretty sure that anything you can download - for free - is covered by the license. It is only the static emoji images, though. You’re not permitted to use the animated ones or their other products without your own license.

Reactions: frm
Solution
Hello,

If i buy a license for animated ones where i can activate them in ACP ?
here ?
Capture d’écran 2021-01-06 111222.webp
But if i set the animated emojis here is all others will be deactivated ?
Thanks.

Animated emojis only cover a very small subset of the total number of emojis that are available.

They’re not intended as a replacement. They are for use in other scenarios such as film/tv/website design or other materials. You could maybe use them for things like reactions.

In other words it’s just not supported for that use case.

Oh yeah !
So when you buy a JoyPixels license you receive a emoji pack and you can upload them individually in ACP ? This is right ?
And with the sprite options define the max size for them ?

There are some low res versions of the animated ones included in the free licence which you can try out. 32px, 64px and 128px

In the video above the small one is a 32px gif at native size, and the big smiley is a 128px one out of the box.

I don't think you can use them on a sprite sheet because they're gifs, so will have to just upload them individually.

There are some low res versions of the animated ones included in the free licence which you can try out. 32px, 64px and 128px

In the video above the small one is a 32px gif at native size, and the big smiley is a 128px one out of the box.

I don't think you can use them on a sprite sheet because they're gifs, so will have to just upload them individually.
That’s great to hear! But just to be clear @RobinHood - by try out, do you mean we can use them on our site? I can’t afford a license but would like to use a handful of the free ones even if I have to upload them one by one.

If you're unsure you should check with JoyPixles.

However my understanding is that as long as you are eligible for a free licence, you can use them. The 32, 64 and 128px versions are all available to me to download for free when I log in.

The 256px, 512px, 1024px, 1080pv .mov and 4k mov are all premium.

See if you're eligible here

Essentially it looks like it's got to be personal use by individuals only only to qualify, but you should read to check for your situation.
If you make money on your site or it's a business you will need to go premium, which is to be expected.
Sadly they have actually stipulated that if you collect donations that does count as generating revenue, which kind of sucks. So if that's the case if seems you'd need a premium licence.

my understanding is that as long as you are eligible for a free licence, you can use them. The 32, 64 and 128px versions are all available to me to download for free when I log in.
Thanks @RobinHood - they are available to me as well and I'm trying them out. I'm going to be running the site for the community of a micro nonprofit by JoyPixel's definition, so although I myself don't make money from it, we'll need a premium licence for sure. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom