Joomla and XF

I'm sorry for the semi-offtopic, but I have suffered Joomla! for more than a year, it's full of bugs and it will give you headaches. It's slow, the URLs are ugly, most addons are abandoned or don't work well. Its code is a mess. I would say it's inherently insecure. If you want more reasons just type joomla sucks at google. Not trying to be harsh, I just give my opinion so others can save time and efforts.

Wordpress + Genesis framework, although not perfect at all, is a much better alternative.

Last edited:
Genesis framework is horrible software. I recommend you to avoid it.
Why is Genesis framework horrible software? at least its site looks fine. As I said before, Wordpress has its problems but Genesis improves it and the support is good.

Anyway I'm not a Wordpress advocate. If you want a serious cms I'd look django. I prefer Wordpress because it's much faster to deploy sites and just publish content (although I have a separate VPS for wp sites since I don't trust its security)

Last edited:
I sold my vBulletin and xenForo forum softwares.
I'm studying Wordpress now. I'm very happy with it. They improved it a lot recently.
Freedom to use, wonderful themes & plugins, and many technical documents and video tutorials exist.
I also used Joomla before vB and xF. I like Wordpress most.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm sorry for the semi-offtopic, but I have suffered Joomla! for more than a year, it's full of bugs and it will give you headaches. It's slow, the URLs are ugly, most addons are abandoned or don't work well. Its code is a mess. I would say it's inherently insecure. If you want more reasons just type joomla sucks at google. Not trying to be harsh, I just give my opinion so others can save time and efforts.

@Puntocom: Well, not sure what others save with your comment but it's obvious that you don't have a deep knowledge of Joomla.

There's a reason why Joomla is the second most used CMS.
We've built and running over 500 Joomla sites (news portals, shops, standalone pages and even communities).
Some of our sites are just celebrated 10 years of switching to Joomla and they never looked back. If you look at CMS's with large add-on ecosystem and user base Joomla is the best middle ground between Wordpress (too hard to to use for versatile/big portals) and Drupal (too much development time). Although we're building sites with Drupal and WP we're keep coming back to J! mostly because it's clear architecture/structure

Joomla is VERY secure and well written. We never had a single security issue with Joomla itself. As with any other script with extension/add-on/plugin ability it can become insecure in wrong hands (hack even Xenforo could be a problem with an insecure 3rd party extension/bad developer).

Top Bottom