[J] Ban VPN and Proxies [Deleted]

JustinHawk

JustinHawk submitted a new resource:

[J] Ban VPN and Proxies - Auto Ban VPN, Proxies and TOR networks IP

Description : This addon basically uses iphub.info api to detect if the user IP is proxy (VPN or TOR) and if found that it is positive then it will automatically BAN that IP. You may check its live demo below and test it. Moreover as per IPhub admin request rate is 5/sec, about 86400/day. Duplication of request is prevented by storing IP details in database, The IP get deleted after 24 hours and that which fails VPN test are added to xenForo banned IP list automatically, never deleted....

Read more about this resource...

How well will this work if you are using a CDN such as CloudFare?
Till xenforo able to get correct ip of visitor it will work fine moreover as you can see on demo site i am also using cloudflare in between so it will not have any issues :)

Till xenforo able to get correct ip of visitor it will work fine moreover as you can see on demo site i am also using cloudflare in between so it will not have any issues :)

I think I know what you are talking about and I've had this add-on below installed for a long while now as the work-around.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/solidmean-cloudflare-detect.1595/

I guess my question now is with the above add-on installed will your add-on work correctly if someone is using CloudFare? Can you install that add-on if you don't have it installed already and let me know? If everything works then I will buy it.

I think I know what you are talking about and I've had this add-on below installed for a long while now as the work-around.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/solidmean-cloudflare-detect.1595/

I guess my question now is with the above add-on installed will your add-on work correctly if someone is using CloudFare? Can you install that add-on if you don't have it installed already and let me know? If everything works then I will buy it.
ok i installed this addon you said above, it worked fine for me here.

This actually works pretty good. I entered my web address into a few of those proxy webpages that are online and it blocked it every time (y)

You are right though, it does need the whitelist option when one gets blocked that you want to get through.

This actually works pretty good. I entered my web address into a few of those proxy webpages that are online and it blocked it every time (y)
thanks for you words :)
You are right though, it does need the whitelist option when one gets blocked that you want to get through.
This version would be released today or tomorrow .

Why does a site want to ban VPN and proxy usage? Interested in learning/understanding, not challenging.
With so much government intrusion and monitoring on internet usage, many people use proxy's and VPN's as a matter of course.

Why does a site want to ban VPN and proxy usage? Interested in learning/understanding, not challenging.
With so much government intrusion and monitoring on internet usage, many people use proxy's and VPN's as a matter of course.
i just created it because one of my friend want to block user browsing via Proxies/VPN as his account was hacked and logged in using VPN services.

Anyhow, As per getipintel.net though i am not using them :P
  • Greatly reduce fraud on e-commerce sites (anti-fraud)
  • Protect your site from crawlers that steal your content
  • Prevent users from abusing promotional offers / multiple sign-ups.
  • Stop bots from scraping your content or bots spamming your website
  • Serve traffic / content to real users, not bots. Reduce fake views, clicks, and activity that results in click fraud and view fraud (anti-bot detection)
  • Prevent trolls / people that are trying to bypass a ban
  • Adjust your system to limit access (such as not allowing them to change their password, their email, etc) to prevent account hijacking

• Protect your site from crawlers that steal your content
  • Stop bots from scraping your content or bots spamming your website
  • Serve traffic / content to real users, not bots. Reduce fake views, clicks, and activity that results in click fraud and view fraud (anti-bot detection)
I didn't see anything at iphub.info for bot detection and blocking ?? Just proxy and VPN.

I didn't see anything at iphub.info for bot detection and blocking ?? Just proxy and VPN.
Most of the BOTs IP are hosting services IP, which are blocked. (Note from iphub : Please note the list of Hosting Providers is built manually, it may not contain even 25% of worldwide Hosting Providers.)

You can perform test via Google PageSpeed because for it is a bot and since xF doesn't assume it as a Robot so it will pass a request and being a bot it will be just banned.

Last edited:
I just upgraded to version 2.0, but of some reason I was getting the error below with version 1.0. Has this been fixed with the new version? When I disabled this add-on (v1.0) the error went away.
Code:
Error Info

Fatal Error: Method XenForo_Template_Public::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserName() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:0

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()

#1 {main}

Request State

Array

(

[url] => http://mydomain.com/threads/art-13-transmitter.3604/page-4?amp=1491485371

[_GET] => Array

(

[amp] => 1491485371

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

)

Also, I noticed the cron job is now gone from the list, any reason for that?

Update: I'm still getting the error with version 2.0, one just popped up.

Last edited:
Yes, I was looking thru my list and that's the first thing I was going to ask.

I'm using [bd] Cache 1.2.3 from XFROCKS.

I need that add-on installed so if that's what it is please correct it.

Thanks...

Top Bottom