iXen [Deleted]

John

John submitted a new resource:

iXen by RazorThemes (version 1.1.3) - A clean and light design

iXen is a clean and light design that was once on offer but I removed it long ago. I thought I'd resurrect it and offer it here for free. :) You'll notice several things have been changed from the default XF look in an effort to streamline the forum home page. You're welcome to use it and change it up as you wish...the only requests I make are you leave my copyright in the footer intact and please don't redistribute it anywhere else. (No working live demo I'm afraid, but I've included...

Read more about this resource...

John the reaction to the style has been overwhelming. There are just a couple of things that I want to bring up. It seems that not all of the ad locations work and that some that do don't appear in the right location. Also in the member profile page, where comments are supposed to be located there is a large white blank space and the comments are below. I will post some screen shots in a moment. Thanks.
foot-ad02.webp
as seen in default style
foot-ad01.webp
as seen (well not ;) )in iXen
ad-loc01.webp
Ad location in iXen
ad-loc02.webp
Ad location in default
prof-pg01.webp
Profile page in other styles
prof-pg02.webp
Large white space above tabs in iXen

It seems from looking at other people's profiles that the avatar is too large for the space and as it pushes outside to the right, it creates the white space.

Hi Rob, sorry for the delayed reply, just saw this. In regards to the ads issues, some placements have been eliminated due to the positioning of the breadcrumbs, although the footer one should still be there. I'll look into it. The other issues with the profile page I'm not sure about. I'll have to look into them and get back to you.

how easy would it be for me to change it from a fluid to a fixed theme ?

It shouldn't be hard at all, just change the page width setting and margins.

@Rob, I could not find any reason in the code as to why your footer ad is not appearing, sorry! I did address your other issues, and sorry for taking so long to get this fixed for you.

Hi John,

Thanks for releasing such an excellent style to the community! It is really stunning.

Just a question:
Would it be possible to move the latest thread display:
pa3OVZ.png
over to below here:
QvX2rw.png
. If yes, how would I do it?

Thanks for the kind words oman, glad you have a use for it. You can accomplish that, you would just need to edit the node_forum_level_2 template and move the last post code over. You may have to edit some CSS to move the topics/comments box up a bit to make room.

Hi Rob, sorry for the delayed reply, just saw this. In regards to the ads issues, some placements have been eliminated due to the positioning of the breadcrumbs, although the footer one should still be there. I'll look into it. The other issues with the profile page I'm not sure about. I'll have to look into them and get back to you.

Hi John. Any luck on these issues?

Hi John,

I updated this, and it had removed the few extra.css edits I made, as well as the style property edits. It could be my fault, but this is how I upgraded:

Uploaded the files.

Went to import style.

Put in the iXen file.

Selected to overwrite iXen.

Was I supposed to update this another way?

To avoid losing custom edits you should not choose "overwrite" when uploading the new version so that you can manually reapply your custom edits to the new version before deleting the old one.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download. I am no longer developing it or supporting it.

Top Bottom