I've got time to kill ..... Ask me anything

Why do people always seem to turn against even the good folks that help them?
;)

(actually, I was thinking about this today! not in terms of XF, but human nature.)
I must confess I do not have answer to this....

I too have wondered why bad things seem to happen to good people and good things seem to happen to bad people.

I've actually know some folk who were lazy, didn't give 2 sh*ts about their future, didn't place any effort into anything, thought only about themselves, didn't care about anyone else, and yet jumped leaps and bounds & got everything they ever wanted.

Likewise, I've know lots of people who were hard working, mindful of the future, dedicated, mindful of others, had big hearts, and yet seem to always be down on their luck and go no where.

The world I know really is an upside down place.

(Maybe I got a little off topic, but I think it's all related in some way or another)

I don't know why the person who helps others is shot in the leg, while the person who has done little or nothing, everyone seems to kiss up to.

If you have an answer.... I'm always listening.

images.webp

What is the most interesting question you've ever received from threads like these?
Interesting ...... They're always interesting. And normally surprising. Sometimes you got people who want to know something more about you and want to crack into that head of yours (as you seem to a little). And sometimes you get the more comical or silly questions.

I think it's a little more interesting for other people though that I'd just randomly decide to have one of these threads and how honest I can be in them.

For example on my site, someone asked....

OK hot shot. How big are you? :ROFLMAO:

To which I'm sure they never thought I would answer honestly, but I do. :D

You asked for it.......

I'm about 5'"9 in height
My last known weight was about 190, so I maybe a little bit on the heavier side, but not larger than life.
And below the belt, I'm about average at 7.25 inches (nothing to complain about)

:wideyed:

Interesting ...... They're always interesting. And normally surprising. Sometimes you got people who want to know something more about you and want to crack into that head of yours (as you seem to a little). And sometimes you get the more comical or silly questions.

I think it's a little more interesting for other people though that I'd just randomly decide to have one of these threads and how honest I can be in them.

For example on my site, someone asked....

To which I'm sure they never thought I would answer honestly, but I do. :D
I'm a very curious person, and threads like these intrigue me. It gives a lot of information about someone. :)

Have you ever intentionally lied to someone you care about, the lie being about something that actually matters?

What does this mean ?

Brogan said:
While the suit is of course an ongoing issue, it is not the reason for the current situation regarding development, the lack of communication and staff relationships.
All of those are directly related to one very specific issue.

I too have wondered why bad things seem to happen to good people and good things seem to happen to bad people.

I've actually know some folk who were lazy, didn't give 2 sh*ts about their future, didn't place any effort into anything, thought only about themselves, didn't care about anyone else, and yet jumped leaps and bounds & got everything they ever wanted.
Likewise, I've know lots of people who were hard working, mindful of the future, dedicated, mindful of others, had big hearts, and yet seem to always be down on their luck and go no where.

If bad things happened to bad people...they would have a reason for it.

Bad things happen to good people because it gives them a reason to change things for the better as only a good person would do in an effort to stop bad people.

"Good People" who merely act in a manner accepted as good because their situation allows them to are not necessarily good people. Put that person in a bad situation and see what they do ...if they still act "good" you have a good person, if they act bad , they were only good before because they were happy where THEY were at before.

A good person will not change their values based on their comfort level and though the tone may change the melody will always remain.

Bad things happen to good people because it gives them a reason to change things for the better as only a good person would do in an effort to stop bad people.

"Good People" who merely act in a manner accepted as good because their situation allows them to are not necessarily good people. Put that person in a bad situation and see what they do ...if they still act "good" you have a good person, if they act bad , they were only good before because they were happy where THEY were at before.

A good person will not change their values based on their comfort level and though the tone may change the melody will always remain.
Good people can be made to do bad things. There's quite some psychology research about that.

I'm a very curious person, and threads like these intrigue me. It gives a lot of information about someone. :)

Have you ever intentionally lied to someone you care about, the lie being about something that actually matters?
Not intentionally (that I can recall).

First generally speaking.....

I've been misinformed a bunch of times in the past and through this, proceeded with whatever information I had and also got others to go along with it, which in the end of course ends up smacking me in the face.

So I make it very big point in trying to be as honest with people as I can, but being honest doesn't always mean people will like you for it. Sometimes the truth is inconvenient, politically incorrect, or socially incorrect and being a truth telling person isn't always as great or as rewarding.

Second as for the root of your question, such as a relationship....

In relationship, the worse thing you can do is lie and I've been lied to a lot. So I know the feeling and I've felt it enough to know I really, really, really do not like it. So when I'm in a relationship with someone I'm completely honest with them, as I wouldn't want to cause someone that kind of pain or feeling of mistrust.

Both generally speaking and personally speaking.... Most people don't know what to do with someone or how to really trust someone who is honest. Which I find ironic.... How easy people will believe and welcome a liar.

Good people can be made to do bad things. There's quite some psychology research about that.
No.... good people can not be compromised....they merely sometimes must choose to survive. Murder is bad....but if you tried to kill me or my family you would force me to be a murderer...however that is because a choice of survival. In a psychological attack a person may also change how they interact with others simply because the attack comes from non physical interactions...again they change to survive based on self defense mechanisms. They may lie....but if you are lying to a liar who seeks to harm you using your words...it may be the smart thing to do...is it a bad thing...yes...but one must survive. It is when one gives up hope and no longer tries to survive that they have been changed. You cant help the world if you give up or die.

No.... good people can not be compromised....they merely sometimes must choose to survive. Murder is bad....but if you tried to kill me or my family you would force me to be a murderer...however that is because a choice of survival. In a psychological attack a person may also change how they interact with others simply because the attack comes from non physical interactions...again they change to survive based on self defense mechanisms. They may lie....but if you are lying to a liar who seeks to harm you using your words...it may be the smart thing to do...is it a bad thing...yes...but one must survive. It is when one gives up hope and no longer tries to survive that they have been changed. You cant help the world if you give up or die.
It depends on your definition of good, I suppose. But good people can do bad things. Even if they don't want to.

Not intentionally (that I can recall).

First generally speaking.....

I've been misinformed a bunch of times in the past and through this, proceeded with whatever information I had and also got others to go along with it, which in the end of course ends up smacking me in the face.

So I make it very big point in trying to be as honest with people as I can, but being honest doesn't always mean people will like you for it. Sometimes the truth is inconvenient, politically incorrect, or socially incorrect and being a truth telling isn't always as great or as rewarding.

Second as for the root of your question, such as a relationship....

In relationship, the worse thing you can do is lie and I've been lied to a lot. So I know the feeling and I've felt it enough to know I really, really, really do not like it. So when I'm in a relationship with someone I'm completely honest with them, as I wouldn't want to cause someone that kind of pain or feeling of mistrust.

Both generally speaking and personally speaking.... Most people don't know what to do with someone or how to really trust someone who is honest. Which is I find ironic.... How easy people will believe and welcome a liar.
I agree with you.

And in return it also gives a lot of information about the person throwing the questions across. :)

Wise words indeed (and very true)

Top Bottom