I've been looking for a boat for a while....

I hope who ever buys it preserves it for histories sake and makes it into a museum.

I am not from the UK but I think certain things should be preserved for history. On thing that was scrapped that I think should have been kept for historical significance. That was HMS Warspite, I think Warspite is right up there with any ship in terms of history. I think it was more deserving of being preserved than any of the US ships preserved though I think the US ones were deserving.

The UK has a sailing history and the Royal Navy one of the greatest histories but sadly not enough remains as relics. I understand the Cutty Sark was destroyed. That is a sad one to see lost.

Someone buy the Ark Royal and preserve for all time.

Cutty Sark is being rebuilt, there is a lot of comment that this is wrong as so much of the ship was lost the rebuilt vessel will just be a replica.

Cutty Sark is being rebuilt, there is a lot of comment that this is wrong as so much of the ship was lost the rebuilt vessel will just be a replica.

So the Cutty Sark was not a total loss then? Wait, I should have read further. Hmmm, I think a replica is better than no Cutty Sark at all but it is a horrible loss. I remember hearing about Cutty Sark in grade school.

I am aware of the HMS Victory, that would be Admiral Nelson's ship.

There is the Britannia, which I think was both steam and sail if I remember right. The HMS Trinncomelee (however that is spelled) that I think is one of the oldest ships to still float. You have the Holland, an early Submarine. There is the Mary Rose but I don't think that counts, it is not what I called preserved. Everyone has heard of the Queen Mary. There is the HMS Gannet and there is the Warrior, and Belstaff. I can't think of any more.

I still think the HMS Warspite was as important not for single acts or for what it was but for how often it did things and how much it went through over and over again. I think one of the great stories of a UK ship was the Rawlaphindi (spelling again). That was a story of guts in the face of certain doom, well she failed but that was expected. Then there is the Campbell town, an amazing story there too.

It would be the perfect home for a new offshore pirate radio station, in fact you could stick a fair few on there. :D

Great replacement for:

ross%20revenge.jpg

Top Bottom