Its official! iPhone for Verizon next montH!

I myself am not a big iphone fan, I prefer a android device over a apple product any day of the week. Much like everyone else, people like opensource applications because they don't come with so many restrictions. Also, apple over-prices all there products, it's just ridiculous to spend so much money on there hardware.

I myself am not a big iphone fan, I prefer a android device over a apple product any day of the week. Much like everyone else, people like opensource applications because they don't come with so many restrictions. Also, apple over-prices all there products, it's just ridiculous to spend so much money on there hardware.
Absolutely! Why, they get $199 for the iPhone and my Droid X was only $198! Pirates!

Hmm, open source? How many phone buyers even know what that means?

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20028154-233.html?tag=mncol;txt

Verizon's iPhone won't be able to use data and the phone at the same time, AT & T can.

And fair warning, it's been 6 months since the iPhone 4 came out, typically a new one rolls out in June, don't be in such a hurry to jump on the bandwagon when the newest one may be just 6 months away if recent history is any indication.

Liz
Oh don't worry, the iPhone 5 will most definitely come out in June. However, I might just jump on the band wagon for the iPhone for because I've been waiting / wanting one since the day it came out. I refuse to switch from Verizon to AT&T because of crappy cell reception in my house and the surrounding areas (the only service that actually gets good reception where I live is Verizon). And I'm fairly sure that I'll be happy enough with the iPhone four to keep it until my 2 years are actually up (my family does a switch yearly as 2 phones are up at the same exact time one year and another 2 the next). I thought I'd be using my droid for two years, but as I've been waiting, I think I could and might just upgrade now (especially since my contract IS up). I bought a new iPod / computer (I waited on the computer tho) in May when I full well knew that a new iPod would be available in September. Its more or less a decision (for me) if I could enjoy the phone long enough to upgrade now.

Actually, the open source idea of Android is both good and bad in my eyes. Yes, its a face paced, feature rich development cycle. But when 2.4 comes out, I can't immediately upgrade. I have to wait a few weeks or months for Motorola to build a custom hardware interface layer.

I'm happy the iPhone is coming to Verizon. Droids are nice (I have one), but I'm noticing it's becoming too fractured because of all the different models and types. I've lost count of the number of apps I look at that that people claim are force closing or experiencing other issues with. And in many cases it doesn't seem limited to one phone. With an iPhone at worst you have a generation or 2 to deal with. With a Droid you have so many different hardware variations to deal with that some apps simply will not work properly. And I have seen in many cases where people comment how the Droid version of an app is inferior to the same one on the iPhone. And from experience in quite a few cases that's true. Primarily because the iPhone one has a chance to mature.

I love my Droid but I feel the market for it is becoming a bit too fractured especially in terms of apps. I love the iPhone and am glad it finally made it's way onto the Verizon network even if it is missing simultaneous talk and data because it's on CDMA.

In the end it's win/win for people on Verizon. And it's a win for people on AT&T because now it'll hoopefully lighten the data load and better stabilize the network.

In the end we'll see. But this is a win for customers, no doubt. Competition is about to get more fierce. And with their being no exclusive agreement, it also now means the iPhone could make it's way to Sprint eventually.

I was not specifically talking about there phones, I was talking about there products in general.
Sorry, must have misread the title of the thread.
eek.png

Oh don't worry, the iPhone 5 will most definitely come out in June. However, I might just jump on the band wagon for the iPhone for because I've been waiting / wanting one since the day it came out. I refuse to switch from Verizon to AT&T because of crappy cell reception in my house and the surrounding areas (the only service that actually gets good reception where I live is Verizon). And I'm fairly sure that I'll be happy enough with the iPhone four to keep it until my 2 years are actually up (my family does a switch yearly as 2 phones are up at the same exact time one year and another 2 the next). I thought I'd be using my droid for two years, but as I've been waiting, I think I could and might just upgrade now (especially since my contract IS up). I bought a new iPod / computer (I waited on the computer tho) in May when I full well knew that a new iPod would be available in September. Its more or less a decision (for me) if I could enjoy the phone long enough to upgrade now.

See, we switched back from Verizon (the one and only time we were with them for the same reason. We had moved to an area that got crappy service on the Verizon.

And I won't EVEN go into the EZMove that wasn't with them. The local people were nice and helpful but the national ones were clueless. I almost blew a gasket and I don't get mad. I do however, get even. But Verizon had me in tears, I was so mad at them. It took over three months to cancel ourt cell service after a move that took over 9 months to accomplish.

We had moved numerous times around the country with AT& T from the time it had been SouthwesternBell, thru Cingular to now and never had the hassle I did that one move. So the shoe is not always on the other foot. Verizon has horror stories too. They can piss people off with their Customer Service. (or lack thereof) It just depends on where you live and what you need. We've always had great service from AT&T. But I realize we aren't everyone.

Liz

See, we switched back from Verizon (the one and only time we were with them for the same reason. We had moved to an area that got crappy service on the Verizon.

And I won't EVEN go into the EZMove that wasn't with them. The local people were nice and helpful but the national ones were clueless. I almost blew a gasket and I don't get mad. I do however, get even. But Verizon had me in tears, I was so mad at them. It took over three months to cancel ourt cell service after a move that took over 9 months to accomplish.

We had moved numerous times around the country with AT& T from the time it had been SouthwesternBell, thru Cingular to now and never had the hassle I did that one move. So the shoe is not always on the other foot. Verizon has horror stories too. They can piss people off with their Customer Service. (or lack thereof) It just depends on where you live and what you need. We've always had great service from AT&T. But I realize we aren't everyone.

Liz
Trust me, I've had my horror stories with Verizon. My one phone kept breaking and not working. Each and every time, they informed me of a different reason each and every time and always put the blame on me. It wasn't me, it was software issues. We go to only a single VZW store in the entire area because they are the only store to actually help us or care about the customers.

Dont forget to mention about free case from the company ;)
The free case from Apple was for an antenna issue (to solve it). Reports have it that the VZW iPhone has a redesigned antenna and initial testing had concluded that it wasn't an issue anymore.

DISCLAIMER: I will neither confirm nor deny that I have done this personally...

The best thing about an iPhone is when you jailbreak it. The first things SOMEONE did when SOMEONE jailbroke HSI/HER iphone was to upgrade the OS - not the iOS but components of the underlying Mac OS. SOMEONE upgraded it from Leopard to Snow Leopard. Then you can do all kinds of cool stuff with it. For instance, it has a wireless IP address. How about a wireless miniature HTTP/FTP server? How about a TTY console from which you can telnet/ssh? Not to mention a wider array of apps.

Just one tiny problem...It does violate your warrantee and (if caught) Apple and AT&T TOS.

Top Bottom