1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its official! iPhone for Verizon next montH!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

EQnoble and jmurrayhead like this.
  2. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

3. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I can't wait until June when my AT&T contract is up :D

4. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

About 25 years ago I had all my Toll Free 800 numbers with ATT, well they were overcharging big time in those days, they blackmailed me, they basically were going to put me out of business on a certain day if I did not pay the 1,300 dollar bill, so that is the kind of company you are dealing with.

In addition, they would not release the 800 numbers to a new carrier until they were paid in full, I know they were ripping customers off and defrauding them big time over 20 years ago first hand.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Ironically, my contract is up 12/14. :D I call that near perfect accidental planning on my part.

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I would be gassed up about the verizon network and maybe even switch to them as they have great service in my area... (no FIOS here though, AHHHEEEEMMMM <couch-mumbles>damn you verizon</cough-mumbles>, excuse me, but anyways) except for the fact that I only pay 38 a month with a locked in unlimited data on a buisness plan guaranteed for the life of my continued patronage of them which is just fine for me. I will say though, If they bring FIOS to more than the one city in Connecticut they have it in (not mine) I promise to switch all my communications services to them and they can take that to the bank. Why do we still use copper on service lines for anything other than power still?

Back to the phone though, it is good for everyone that two service providers have access to one of the most popular units as now it instills some sorts of automatic quality control as now the iphone is not a closed market retail item. Good isht.

7. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to upgrade my Droid for another year.
    Long time Verizon customer.

I just hope it doesn't suck the bandwidth out of Verizon.

8. Mattie Num Nums

Mattie Num Nums Active Member

No simultaneous data and voice. Kind of eliminates things like personal hotspot :(

9. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

The only way i would switch to iphone is if it had a blinking light and a keypad like the blackberry. A revamped Torch if your will :D

10. Mattie Num Nums

Mattie Num Nums Active Member

I switched from an iPhone to an EVO and I am very happy. I think that pretty much all the phones are on par with each other its really the service that changes everything. Sprint and 4G has been amazing to me.

glorify likes this.
  11. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

My Evo rocks. Had the chance to check out some relatives iphones over Christmas. Needless to say, I like my Evo even more now.

12. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Is there any topic you can't turn into the next conspiracy theory?

Most businesses I've dealt with expect you to pay your bills, not just AT&T

Peggy and jmurrayhead like this.
  13. steven s

I think they need the LTE network for that. I could be wrong.

14. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Although I am excited to see the iPhone come the Verizon, I am not sure I will trade my Droid for it until it can run on the 4G network... Seems pointless for me to trade one smart phone, which I love for another one, which I am sure I could love for no gain to me...

Waiting 6-12 months to consider this buy....

Jamie

15. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

Very excited! I'm with Verizon now, and I'm due for an upgrade until July, which actually works out really well because I should be able to get a-hold of the iPhone 5 (assuming it is released simultaneously on all carriers or first on Verizon).

16. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20028154-233.html?tag=mncol;txt

Verizon's iPhone won't be able to use data and the phone at the same time, AT & T can.

And fair warning, it's been 6 months since the iPhone 4 came out, typically a new one rolls out in June, don't be in such a hurry to jump on the bandwagon when the newest one may be just 6 months away if recent history is any indication.

Liz

Jamie likes this.
  17. turtile

turtile Well-Known Member

Yeah, they'll need to upgrade to 4G as well. Not bad for Apple - For ex. Owns iPhone on AT&T for a few months, buys new one when switches to Verizon - then may buy another for 4G!

18. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Actually no one really has 4G in the US;

Smartphone users face confusion
    The ITU finally caved this week tho so yes, as of this week, we do have 4G. But only because the ITU relaxed the standards, not because the US MET the standards, We just falsely advertised.

As you will notice, even AT&T NOW has 4G by definition.

The iPhone tho is only a 3G phone.

19. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

This is not the droid you are after ....

20. steven s

Don't understand?