It's normal foruns have an huge Bounce Rate?

mauzao9

Hi there, first just sorry my english.

I must say, the 2 XF foruns where i'm admin/user.... The bounce rate is really really high.

It goes from 70% to 85% in general (80% are search results visitors).

Soo since the major visitors come from search results, I must say when that's the case Xenforo helps alot to the visitor closes the page.

I mean, the user made an search, he finds an topic in our forum, he may find what we want or not, but in both cases, he is not invited and there's nothing for that visitor keeps exploring the site, Soo it will just close the site.

I guess we all hate that, then, what ideias do you have for keep the visitors exploring the site?

Mine ideia it's just something like related topics after first post, if the user finds or not what he's looking for, in related topics it would find what he wants! And then, some kind of banner to invite the user to join the community.

And by the way, what's your bounce rate? :)

I think it really depends on the type of site you run. One of my sites is a help forum. People search for something, find what they want at my site, but there really is no reason to join unless they have a specific question they can't find the answer to. So my bounce rate is very similar to yours because of that.

Similar threads / Related Topics could work.
I was going to suggest this:
reduce.bounce.rate.with.inbox.convo.with.staff.webp

But you can't have Inbox Conversations with Guests.
:(
Maybe you could get the guest's questions to show up in TaigaChat ?
or an AJAX message could pop up that you've answered their question and it redirects you to TaigaChat ?

Similar threads / Related Topics could work.
I was going to suggest this:
View attachment 22870

But you can't have Inbox Conversations with Guests.
:(
Maybe you could get the guest's questions to show up in TaigaChat ?
or an AJAX message could pop up that you've answered their question and it redirects you to TaigaChat ?
I like that, but in a diferent way.

It's like, after the first post, a question "Didn't find what you was looking for? Write it here: (searchbar)
It goes search by TITLES what he was looking for in all forum.

And what you want can be done with an live chat software. :)
www.livezilla.net it's freeware I already used it once.

Yea. But if you Used TaigaChat ... the whole chat forum could see the question.
There are many problems like ... major trolling / spam issues.

A Major strength would be to only show the "Just ask" area ... when someone is around to help !
It could also give you understanding of "why" people are getting hits on your site ... and you can learn about what they want / need / know - etc. Could be educational for the admins / mods .etc.

Yea. But if you Used TaigaChat ... the whole chat forum could see the question.
There are many problems like ... major trolling / spam issues.
Chat systems with forums don't work quite well, that's because a forum is already a big chat, and since I already used to use an chat, it was not that good. Now i just use a facebook STREAM that it's like an chat and promotes the site. :)

A Major strength would be to only show the "Just ask" area ... when someone is around to help !
It could also give you understanding of "why" people are getting hits on your site ... and you can learn about what they want / need / know - etc. Could be educational for the admins / mods .etc.
Problem is that people don't like to do that things, they want everything done already. ahah

I have an idea that could boost registrations and engagement. What I want to do is make it appear that guests can reply to threads, but once they hit "post reply" they get a pop up saying they are trying to post as a guest and to log in if they have an account, or if they don't to do a quick registration. Once they register, the post will be submitted. It's a difficult process I would think, but it's something I can see that can boost post counts and increase registrations. An increase in post counts, should help with SE results, in turn giving you more SE traffic in the end.

I have an idea that could boost registrations and engagement. What I want to do is make it appear that guests can reply to threads, but once they hit "post reply" they get a pop up saying they are trying to post as a guest and to log in if they have an account, or if they don't to do a quick registration. Once they register, the post will be submitted. It's a difficult process I would think, but it's something I can see that can boost post counts and increase registrations. An increase in post counts, should help with SE results, in turn giving you more SE traffic in the end.
Hard to do but the ideia of show member options for guests, and when try to use it ask for register/login it's nice. :)

Also something I thought of suggesting, but never did. It would be nice if there was an option for guests to see the like and reply buttons, but redirect them to sign up if they click it. Going further, you can do as you said and even let them to see the editor and post a reply, but not have it actually posted until they register. This should increase registrations for sure and I've seen a few systems do this, although there is a chance it will just create more "one off" posters who just register for that one post. There are even some video sites that use this method. The other day I needed to upload a video and the site just had the upload form on the front page even though I was not registered. I uploaded the video and by the time it was successfully uploaded I was brought to message telling me I need to register. If you've already put in a lot of commitment, users may find themselves registering instead of considering that time wasted.

...... what about [New Topic] ?

although there is a chance it will just create more "one off" posters who just register for that one post.
It will definitely do that.
But maybe if they got an email message that they got a reply ... they might start to get to know your site better :)

...... what about [New Topic] ?

It will definitely do that.
But maybe if they got an email message that they got a reply ... they might start to get to know your site better :)
Show what they can use before they used it, it's a good way to promote the site! And if the visitor sees the topic, and he wants to ask something or discuss it an reply button for visitor-register/login would be nice.

What matters is make the users get interested in use the site, after that we must use what we can, for tell user what we can do, how to do it, because we use alot of edits for people learn how to use the site, most of them just leave because don't know. But that would be a first step for reduce the bounce rate.

When I see that, the back button is pressed and I find a site that isn't ridiculous.
Depends on how good/unique your content is. The access profile was people accessing a site to find an answer. That may be pretty unique content, with high importance at that time, so it could work. But if it isn't unique, you're right. I do too.

Top Bottom