XF 1.3 It's 1:30am, can't figure out route filters

Ludachris

I'm using XenPorta. My XF installation resides in the /forum/ directory. I want users to type in our domain http://www.mydomain.com and see the XenPorta portal page. How do I do it? Apparently the setting was removed from XenPorta because it's default functionality in XF now, but I can't figure out how do make it do this.

I'm trying to do this in order to turn my site on after an import with the new portal page being what everyone sees.

Last edited:
Options
Basic board info
Index page route
portal/ (maybe forums/portal/ in your case)

You don't need to do anything to the route filters.
I'll try that... but when I change that to portal/ all it does is make it so the forums index page shows the portal page. That's not what I'm after. I want the forums index page to be the forums index page. I want my domain index page to be the portal page. My forums are in /forum/.

If you installed XenForo within a forums/ directory, everything will be within that directory. If you want a part of it to be at the root, you need to move the installation.

If you installed XenForo within a forums/ directory, everything will be within that directory. If you want a part of it to be at the root, you need to move the installation.
Or set up a redirect I guess. Any idea what the fastest way to move everything from /forum/ to root would be via ssh?

Screw it, I'm calling the host to see if they'll move it all for me :) Might as well take advantage of 24 hour support instead of fumbling around trying to do it myself and then screw something up.

So I've had the host working on this for 4 hours now... they're first creating a backup copy of the /forum directory (where all the XF files are) using rsync before they use rsync to copy everything in /forum up a directory so that it's in root - they suggested rsync instead of a move for data integrity.

Is there a faster way to do this without sacrificing data integrity? For example, seeing as how I'm using the Big Board Importer, could I just move Export.php to the root directory and run it there to move all the attachments and avatars over that way? Then just use rsync for the rest of the files? Or would I have to re-run all of the export and import steps and rebuild caches again? I don't want to rebuild caches again, that took forever.

So rsync is overkill? I'll ask them to just move the files instead of using rsync then. Just don't want to have to deal with data loss at this late stage of the game.

So rsync is overkill? I'll ask them to just move the files instead of using rsync then. Just don't want to have to deal with data loss at this late stage of the game.

Moving the forum files/folder will not cause any loss of data. All you have to do is upload the forum files/folder to your pc and then re-upload them to your server space, then straighten out the board url and you should be all set.

Moving the forum files/folder will not cause any loss of data. All you have to do is upload the forum files/folder to your pc and then re-upload them to your server space, then straighten out the board url and you should be all set.
Downloading them and uploading them again would likely take just as long as using rsync. I was thinking in terms of just moving them within the server, not doing a download and upload. That tends to be faster.

It's a simple process moving an installation - move the files and update the Board URL.

That's it.
The files are moved, but I can't get into the ACP to change the Board URL.... getting errors trying to access the site now. Can I edit the Board URL setting directly in the db? I obviously should have changed the setting first. Now what can I do?

I just got access to ACP via the backup copy of the /forum/ directory I made. I made the change to the Board URL to my domain name with no trailing slash. Now I'm getting a cache error - cache_dir is not writable. The error looks like it's still pointing to the /forum/ dir though.

Alright, I just renamed the forum dir so that it isn't referenced. When I do that and refresh the domain here's the error I get:

PHP:
Warning: require(/home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/mysite/public_html/forum/index.php on line 6

Top Bottom