ITD Animated 3D Smiles Part 1

ITD Animated 3D Smiles Part 1 2014-05-31

No permission to download
Yah, these are amazing smiles but transparency is something that you really want for them otherwise they don't look good on dark themes.

Any chance of updating them to transparent instead of white?

Does it make sense to install smileys that aren`t packed as a CSS sprite? Is it even possible to create a sprite image with animated smileys?

So, this is the best possible transparency of background i got after wasting some time :)

View attachment 75205

View attachment 75206

View attachment 75207

Great stuff! It really helps a great deal. I have one minor suggestion:

Here is what they look like on my forum

test smiles.webp

I would suggest using a neutral grey (127,127, 127) for a background to anti-alias to before added the transparent the mask instead of white. By doing this, the outline from the anti-alias will not stick out on either light or dark themes.

Great stuff! It really helps a great deal. I have one minor suggestion:

Here is what they look like on my forum

View attachment 75224

I would suggest using a neutral grey (127,127, 127) for a background to anti-alias to before added the transparent the mask instead of white. By doing this, the outline from the anti-alias will not stick out on either light or dark themes.
I am not sure this trick will help

test.gif

you can notice the white edges are still showing around smiley and shades are also. And when i change its background to transparent, the result will be the same as i already shared before.

I am not sure this trick will help

View attachment 75282

you can notice the white edges are still showing around smiley and shades are also. And when i change its background to transparent, the result will be the same as i already shared before.

Hrm - yah that does not look quite right. There should only be grey edge not a white edge. I believe this is done in one of two ways:

1) Create the graphic with a mask - no anti-alias and then anti-alias the masked image to a grey background.

2) The other is is anti-alias the image with a mask with the actually transparency layer. So the edges are actually more transparent.

Here is a an example of one that seems to be anti-aliased correctly for any background - light or dark.
upload_2014-6-6_15-31-37.webp

Does this help explain?

Hrm - yah that does not look quite right. There should only be grey edge not a white edge. I believe this is done in one of two ways:

1) Create the graphic with a mask - no anti-alias and then anti-alias the masked image to a grey background.

2) The other is is anti-alias the image with a mask with the actually transparency layer. So the edges are actually more transparent.

Here is a an example of one that seems to be anti-aliased correctly for any background - light or dark.
View attachment 75285

Does this help explain?
yes, but this is a "hard" project for me :) i will try to do that if time allows me . . . . :(

Hi Guys , quick question.
I downloaded Waindigo's smilie importer add on. Then I downloaded these. I noticed they are not in a xml file.
How do I get these to show in the Smilies option in ACP? Also I am a new to sprites etc so I need pretty exact tutorial. thanks

Hi Guys , quick question.
I downloaded Waindigo's smilie importer add on. Then I downloaded these. I noticed they are not in a xml file.
How do I get these to show in the Smilies option in ACP? Also I am a new to sprites etc so I need pretty exact tutorial. thanks
You can upload complete folder to your web root or any place you like, then:

1. log in to your admin cp.
2:
c6uCgP8.png

3:
a56mU5h.png

4:
6rRRqxV.png

Top Bottom