It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just scanned through the last couple pages. To sum it up in a nutshell it reads like 'MrGTB, STFU'

No offense dawg lol!!!

IMO these guys are doing more and doing it better than others. Compare the outcome of their work versus "other" development teams that aren't having to spend their time forging new paths while being bled by silly law suits. "Other" dev teams don't have the stress, pressure or visible engagement (on a whole) and don't produce half the quality. Thats something to be impressed by, not suspicious of.

This is a time where the end product and protection of that work is a much higher priority (to me) than regular, open communication (that would most likely be hampered by current legal action). To divert what development time they have now to openly engaging the community would simply serve to let IB slow down XF's maturation. IMO not worth letting them win.

I think the point here is not that we bought the license and it works so nothing else should be expected is gravely incorrect. We bought a software that was at the forefront of the technology and in todays day and age, if your software falls behind the blazing fast new features others are debuting, all your members and new members will go where the cool new features are. We thought thats what we were investing in here. Im sure many people also looked at it like an investment in the coders to keep our websites at the forefront. Not a one time payment for a softweare that gets old as the months go by.

I think the point here is not that we bought the license and it works so nothing else should be expected is gravely incorrect. We bought a software that was at the forefront of the technology and in todays day and age, if your software falls behind the blazing fast new features others are debuting, all your members and new members will go where the cool new features are. We thought thats what we were investing in here. Im sure many people also looked at it like an investment in the coders to keep our websites at the forefront. Not a one time payment for a softweare that gets old as the months go by.
First off, XenForo was not at the forefront of the technology, then or now. It was stated in the beginning that this was new software, and did not have all the bells & whistles that other forum software did. It still doesn't. It may never - and I say that because why on earth would K/M want to duplicate other software? They have their own vision for this software, and that's as it should be. If people want what other forums have, then that's what they should purchase. It has never once, ever, been stated that XF would have the same features of other software.

There's another point I'd like to make as well - how long have those other forum softwares been around? Exactly. They have had years to develop those "cool new features" you mentioned. XF is still a baby although, imo, it has come pretty darn far in the 2 years it's been in existence. K & M have done some amazing things with XF that those other softwares do not have.

Also, I'm wondering how you think your purchase of XF was a one time payment for software "that gets old as the months go by"?
Have you not been installing the upgrades?

I 've just jumped on the bandwagon and blindly purchased 1 year extension :D.
lol... I was on page 3 reading this thread (since I wasn't *seriously* here for 2 months)... as I thought to myself: "WTF! is going on here?? seems like I have to buy another additional license"... so I went to the last page and you and digital doctor made my day :) I'll join you on the bandwagon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom